Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting larger charge pipes, both hot and cold side and I was reading on the CP-E website that they recommend a stage 2 rear motor mount to prevent the engine from moving too much and causing issues. My question is do I need a stage 2 mount for that or is my CFM mount with 4 pins stiff enough that I won't rip the pipes off my intercooler every time I floor it?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You should be fine with that RMM.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the cpe stage 2 rmm with the hot side and cold side from cpe. I eventually switched back to the stock mount with no issues. It feels a lot smoother and there is minimal movement with the stock efocus mount.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I had MBRP charge pipes and I destroyed them on the stock RMM. The RMM isn't up for the task and when I installed them I didn't know this and they unlike CP-E don't have any kind of warning about needing a RMM with hard charge pipes.

I got the MBRP pipes with my Levels intercooler and they were the very first mods to my car. I was a rookie to the platform but now I am a pretty seasoned vet.

The CFM mount should be good enough but I wouldn't waste your time with the charge pipes. I ran stock pipes on stage 3 after I went back to stock charge pipes ... no difference, I see/feel the same amount of boost and power.

Charge pipes are needed for big turbo and big turbo kits come with charge pipes that a specific to that kit, the CP-E pipes will not even work once you go "big turbo"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts