Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a sad day last week, as I got rid of my 2016 Kona blue ST. After having our 2nd child a few weeks ago we knew we needed a bigger family vehicle. I traded the ST for my wife a Honda Pilot touring as our new family rig and took over driving her car for my daily duties. Got a really fair price on my trade as well as the pilot so had to make the deal. 5 1/2 years and 112k miles is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle and it will be sorely missed.

Anyways just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the help and entertainment over the years! Enjoy your STs!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,585 Posts
Sad day for sure. Well, you're welcome to hang around and keep up with the banter at least!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,585 Posts
Thanks, I'm sure to stick around for awhile and keep up to date. Who knows maybe I'll pick up another one down the road lol.
You can certainly own more than 1 car per person. I own 4.
Here's some peer pressure: You should buy another!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks, I'm sure to stick around for awhile and keep up to date. Who knows maybe I'll pick up another one down the road lol.
Well... look at it this way; although you had to give up your ST, maybe for now! At least you know what and are living up to your responsibilities. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can certainly own more than 1 car per person. I own 4.
Here's some peer pressure: You should buy another!
Lol maybe one day, I've already planted the seed with the wife about a nitrous blue RS down the road. But realistically I will be buying a truck in the next year or 2, it will fit my needs better than anything. Plus I still have my motorcycle, I wouldn't dare give up all my fun toys!

Well... look at it this way; although you had to give up your ST, maybe for now! At least you know what and are living up to your responsibilities. Kudos to you!
Thank you, sometimes you gotta do the smart thing even if it means giving up something you love short term.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition.

For what it's worth, when my second was on the way, I parted ways with my mustang. The FoST is the practical fun car for our family of four (along with a stick shift wagon). Just sayin' :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
There’s me thinking, a Focus is supposed to be a family hatch. 😁
Fully bro! That's why I passed it off as 'not a racecar' hahahaha. Needed the adjustable coilovers though... The car is almost as moody as I am :p

Reactions: sttwoton

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL you guys already making me regret this decision! The new owner took delivery of it the other day I happened to see him about to leave the dealer when I was on break. Talked to him for a few and told him to enjoy the car it's been a great hot hatch.

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
There’s me thinking, a Focus is supposed to be a family hatch. 😁
It is a family car, and I'm sure there are thousands of families with multiple kids in the UK that own them as their main car. There's this underlying perception in america that as soon as kids come along you need a big bloated vehicle. Which is why we are in the situation we are in, and no longer have small cars from the big 3. I don't want to muck up this thread with my ramblings, though.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,436 Posts
It is a family car, and I'm sure there are thousands of families with multiple kids in the UK that own them as their main car. There's this underlying perception in america that as soon as kids come along you need a big bloated vehicle. Which is why we are in the situation we are in, and no longer have small cars from the big 3. I don't want to muck up this thread with my ramblings, though.
I like this ^^^^. I'll tell my wife it's the "family car".

Pretty sure she'll roll her eyes back far enough to see her brain when I do, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts