Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the st realm. I'm stationed in Japan right now about to head back to the states and will be getting out of the military shortly after. I just sold my R32 GT-R which is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but "adult decisions". Been doing on stop research on my plans over the coming months. I have an order in for a 17 st2 straight from the factory that will be delivered in late September/early October when I get back from Japan. I'm planning on ordering all my parts to be there when I get back and install everything while I'm on leave.

So far this is what I've come up with.....I'm aiming to get the most bang for my buck but do the build the right way.

Cobb ap
Greddy catted dp and cat back exhaust
Steeda Sound symposer delete
Catch can-Damond motorsports
Steeda Short throw shifter
Mountune club sports
Steeda FMIC
Cp-e Cai
Boomba bov
Velossa tech big mouth snorkel
Tb traction bar
Steeda rmm

After a few months I also plan on going with an AEM wmi kit and a gtx2867r

Any suggestions are welcome and appriciated! A few pics of the r32 for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Only major thing I noticed is you missed rear motor mount in your list of mods.

I am curious because I am undecided regarding an oil catch can. From outside of ST is this standard in your car modding world or was this part of your research of the ST?

edit: cool car too man.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You feeling ok? Lol
I almost threw my phone as well.

I know someone else stationed in Japan with an R32. I thought you were him for a second, but his is silver.. I think
But good luck with the build man,
And thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only major thing I noticed is you missed rear motor mount in your list of mods.

I am curious because I am undecided regarding an oil catch can. From outside of ST is this standard in your car modding world or was this part of your research of the ST?

edit: cool car too man.
Yeah the RMM was on my list I just forgot to add it in here at first. Although I was reading that the '16 and '17 have the rmm from the electric focus that some people have been using as a swap?

Catch cans to me are only in my plan with turbo cars, but especially ecoboost motors. For some reason, even unmodified, there has just been way too many issues to risk not installing. For $150 and a little bit less worry in my life, I'd say it's a fair trade. Lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You feeling ok? Lol
I almost threw my phone as well.

I know someone else stationed in Japan with an R32. I thought you were him for a second, but his is silver.. I think
But good luck with the build man,
And thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah selling it was a really tough decision but it was for the best. I plan on buying an r34 as soon as I can get one imported to the states. It was my true dream car anyways. Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
It must of been a sad day, I loved that car in Gran Turismo. I still cant part with my GT-t as its getting up to 180k and turning 20 soon. But you will love the smoother ride and the mod cons of the Focus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It must of been a sad day, I loved that car in Gran Turismo. I still cant part with my GT-t as its getting up to 180k and turning 20 soon. But you will love the smoother ride and the mod cons of the Focus.
You're from australia? I'm in Darwin at the moment! Lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry about having to give up the R32. No option to ship it over here? They're legal now under the 25 year rule and I see lots of them at car meets these days. You'll be really happy with the ST though, the chassis, safety, and technology improvements they've made in the last quarter century are pretty amazing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
At first I was like "VW R32 engine"...

Then I was like "Holy Fook!!! How did you???"

Then I totally like "Ah, Dayday San is on deployment"

Thanks... Now if I can only get my co-workers to stop looking at me.

Reactions: dayday5811

·
Registered
350 Posts
While i havent driven one, and never really seen the hype until the r34, I dont think they are that great of cars,(compared to what he have now, back in the day im sure they were awesome cars) there have been about 7-8 around here in Las Vegas and they change hands every couple months, im ASSuming because its not worth the hype after owning them? I cant see any other reason that these "awesome amazing" cars are being flipped, usually not for profit, almost every 3-4 months here. One guy went to Canada to pick up a pair this past winter and was selling them for 25k each, and still owns them. i think he thought he was going to make a lot off them, the others go between 13-17 it seems. Thats all anyone posts about in the FB weekly meet page around here.

Id love to hear your honest opinion about your car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about having to give up the R32. No option to ship it over here? They're legal now under the 25 year rule and I see lots of them at car meets these days. You'll be really happy with the ST though, the chassis, safety, and technology improvements they've made in the last quarter century are pretty amazing.
Yeah I bought it with the intention of taking it back with me but I made the decision to get out of the military, so I only have about a year left now and didn't want a 25yo car as my dd. It was an amazing car though. I loved everything about it. I've driven an st before and I loved it. Most fun I've ever had in a fwd car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While i havent driven one, and never really seen the hype until the r34, I dont think they are that great of cars,(compared to what he have now, back in the day im sure they were awesome cars) there have been about 7-8 around here in Las Vegas and they change hands every couple months, im ASSuming because its not worth the hype after owning them? I cant see any other reason that these "awesome amazing" cars are being flipped, usually not for profit, almost every 3-4 months here. One guy went to Canada to pick up a pair this past winter and was selling them for 25k each, and still owns them. i think he thought he was going to make a lot off them, the others go between 13-17 it seems. Thats all anyone posts about in the FB weekly meet page around here.

Id love to hear your honest opinion about your car.
TBH, of taken care of they are amazing cars. The ones around there are probably a mix of the other models made to look like the gt-r. Most people just can't afford to keep them after they realize it's not so cheap to maintain unless you have one in perfect condition. I do have to say it is the best handling car I have ever driven in the mountains. They were built with the pure intention of being able to handle those twists and turns, and was the best of its time for a reason. I'm going to forever miss it, but long term, I plan on buying an R34 in a couple years

·
Registered
121 Posts
TBH, of taken care of they are amazing cars. The ones around there are probably a mix of the other models made to look like the gt-r. Most people just can't afford to keep them after they realize it's not so cheap to maintain unless you have one in perfect condition. I do have to say it is the best handling car I have ever driven in the mountains. They were built with the pure intention of being able to handle those twists and turns, and was the best of its time for a reason. I'm going to forever miss it, but long term, I plan on buying an R34 in a couple years Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel they are primarily popular because they were never released in the US, after living in Japan for so long and seeing them everywhere, I am not as awestruck as your average fanboy. Now, a Tourer V, thats where its at :)

Have fun kicking rocks at MRF-D. Are you there to keep the natives out of the base, or the jarheads in?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update....cancelled the order for the 17 st and bought used. 2015 st2 with 16k miles. Couldn't be happier.

Mods list so far

Velossa tech rear fin diffuser, boomba wing riders, BC racing coilovers, steeda toe/endlinks, SPC racing rear camber arms, CPE catback, MBRP off-road downpipe, CPE cold air intake, TB performance front strut tower brace, symposer delete, CPE leightweigh intercooler, ACCEL coil packs, ford racing 2 step colder plugs, CPE stage 2 rear motor mount, CPE drivers side motor mount, Damond passenger side motor mount, Damons Stage 1 catch can, Cobb access port with 93 oct tune from Justin Brasil at freektune, Ralley innovations front splitter, Velossa tech custom 300g shift knob, fifteen52 turbomac white wheels 18x9, boomba BOV, KICKS legurra racing red locking lugs, Rockford fosgate p2d2 10" sub in box running on 500w amp, infinity primo door speakers and tweaters running on 300w amp. 20% tint all the way around.

I am working on ordering a few more things over the coming weeks to be installed as soon as I get back to the states.

Gtx2867r .64
Cpe charge pipes (hot and cold side)
Hks BOV
Mishimoto coolant tank
AEM wmi kit
Window shades
Husky liner mats
Roof racks (rhino or Thule)
TB performance traction bar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts