799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A. Item for sale/trade : Sync 1 to Sync 2/3 conversion parts
B. Condition: Used, Excellent.
C. Price/What you want to trade for: $200 + shipping
D. Location of item: Erie PA
E. Picture of item:

Hood Guitar Automotive tire Musical instrument accessory Automotive design

Included: Vent Faceplate / Bezel, SYNC 2 APIM w/ navigation, Frame / CD assembly, 2X Usb port / AV / SD card.
Not Included: Sync 1 to Sync 2/3 conversion wiring harness.

I started putting this kit together for my lady's 2012 Focus SEL. Never ended up getting the wiring harness (they can be found online for ~$130?). She's selling the car soon.

Everything is in excellent shape and scratch free. The Sync 2 APIM came from my ST when I upgraded to Sync 3.

The Bezel has the bronze vent frames. They can easily be removed for the black ST ones (see smaller picture for tabs).

This kit could work well for a Sync 3 conversion if you sell the Sync 2 display - the Sync 2 APIM's are going for $100-$150 on eBay.. I'm including it because I want it gone.

Will ship with plenty of bubble wrap and care.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST owner for 5 years; now own a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST.
14 Posts
This is a killer price hopefully someone jumps on it soon, GLWS!

Reactions: Habriant40

·
Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a question on what would be needed for sync 3 as opposed to sync 2:

For sync 2, you only need the sync 1 to 2/3 conversion harness. There are plenty of them all over the internet... pick a good one (or go to NaviUpgrade and be sure)
Lay that bad boy underneath your center console, and drop my included Sync 2 APIM into your dash, drop the A/V SD USB port into your center console (under arm rest, there is a square cutout already ready) and let it rip.

For navigation you would need to download a free trial of Forscan, spend $15 on a OBDII to usb cable and enable Navigation in the APIM (I never enabled the navigation bit, but it has all of the GPS and compass stuff built in). for a small convenience charge I could do this for you if you plan on using the Sync2 for a while. Note, You will need to buy a recent Ford Maps SD card for up to date directions (what the SD slot is for)

For Sync 3, Similar start to the story with the Sync 1 to 2/3 wiring harness. Sell the Sync2 APIM and A/V SD USB port.
Buy a Sync3 APIM, CarPlay Enabled USB port, and GPS antenna if you want navigation (not built in like Sync2).
If you choose your Sync 1 to 2/3 wiring harness wisely, everything should plug and play beyond that point. Some of the conversion harnesses out there may require a power source adapter for the CarPlay USB port that goes in the center console.

Now to make Sync 3 fit your car's settings, its a bit more of a chore. Steering wheel buttons may not work, Climate controls may not work, The audio may not be set for Sony package or whatever. If the Sync 3 unit you bought is pulled from a F150 or fusion, these are all things that can be corrected. This is where Forscan, OBDII usb, and laptop come into play.

See @brianlovelace 's business NaviUpgrade: for more details. He also has bulletproof Sync 1 to 2/3 conversion cables that take the guesswork out of the equation.

Reactions: StanE

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
[deleted]
Moved in!

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
169 Posts
50$ 😂 I’m jk I have other things I need to buy rn wish I could my after market Tesla style screen is so bad it’s not even funny

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.