1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Nagua should buy it!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
And before anybody makes the "$150 for a razor?!" Comment, that's actually a very decent price with the kit. If you want to try your hand at real shaving this is it.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
^Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Shaving with a straight razor is not what it is cracked up to be. After I shave with a straight razor I look like I have been in a axe fight and came in second.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Properly done, a straight razor shave is the ultimate, however the learning curve can be steep. That is a very fair price, check Lehmans.com (Amish store in OH), their cheap razors are ~$100. I just can't take the plunge.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Not really. I've been using a Gillette Fusion for years. Longest lasting shave I've ever had, hardly ever a nick or cut, and the blades last a month. I'd sooner spend the money on those anti-torque steer bushings and solve a problem I have.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Anti torque steer bushings?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
you cant get a closer shave than this...gillete or whatever

I haven't gotten into straights I am still mastering the safety after 3 years and have like 15 of them but I have had it done at a shop

you will not get a cleaner smoother closer shave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually have that shave kit. The soap is great, and the mug is a mug. The brush is not the greatest, but it's better than a lot I've tried (once it stops shedding).
$100 is a great deal for everything, but I don't trust myself enough to shave with a straight razor. Like jdub and thirdgen, I'm sticking with the safety razor for now.

try posting on Shaving Bazaar for your wet shaving needs if you can't sell it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sure it's not, but I'm not very patient in the mornings and I know I would try to rush. I'd either cut myself 50 times from rushing or rush the stropping process and eventually end up with a too-dull blade that will slice my face up instead of my whiskers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.