Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2016's have a nice $4,000 rebate going on, & a local dealer found an Oxford White ST3 within 350 miles of here. I guess the 2017's have a $1,250 rebate going on through this month.
I really don't have to rush into this. My 2002 Mazda Protégé is running great. I don't want to be impatient. Lol!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 2016's have a nice $4,000 rebate going on, & a local dealer found an Oxford White ST3 within 350 miles of here. I guess the 2017's have a $1,250 rebate going on through this month.
I really don't have to rush into this. My 2002 Mazda Protégé is running great. I don't want to be impatient. Lol!
$4,000 cash back is a great deal but there are very few 2016's left at this point so I can't agree with your statement that "I really don't have to rush into this", the 2016's will soon be gone with that kind of incentive, so if you want one act now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Pretty much, yes. They changed the trim packages a little but ST3 will still have the same stuff. Triple yellow replaced tangerine scream. 2017 comes ready for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto whereas you'll have to do a software update for Android Auto (plus hardware for Apple CarPlay) on the 2016s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Things are moving fast...
I'm an Android user. If a software update is all that's needed for Android Play, that's fine. I figure that I'll probably be using Sirius more than anything else since I already have a current subscription.
I had even considered waiting a few months to buy just to let the dust settle, and see what the 2018 ST line-up will be like. From what I have been reading so far, it doesn't look like any performance changes will take place for a couple of years, though.

The RS is really sweet! But; more than I want to spend. Locally, i saw one for $49,000. With the 252 horsepower that the ST has, I doubt that I will get bored.
My last performance car was a 170 horsepower 2003 Mazdaspeed. The Protégé ES that I am currently driving was purchased new by my Wife in 2002. We also have a 2007 Nissan Frontier that I purchased new that year. That has been her daily driver the past few years which works for me since I enjoy driving the ES with its 5 speed manual when I wasn't riding my Spyder's.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I would go 2016 in your case for sure. With the RS out now I don't think there will be many huge improvements on the ST ever, as it would take away from the RS. If you don't do carplay there is literally no reason to do a 2017.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 2016's also have 0% financing going on this month, I got mine 2 weeks ago but I had to go with my third color choice to get a hold of a '16 ST3 and it still came from 200 miles away. I definitely wouldn't wait around for a '16 if that is what your wanting, they are drying up pretty quick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Talked to the dealer today.
I'm going to talk to my credit union tomorrow about an interest rate for the 2016 ST3 (Oxford White). If the Android Auto software update is doable, I'm good with the 2016.
I also have X-Plan from my company. So; saving $5,000 would be really nice!
I'll know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer didn't mention an interest rate of 0 percent. With the X-Plan, I get $1,000 off, plus the $4,000 off Ford is offering through this month.
This is making getting the ST3 package more affordable. I had been leaning toward the ST2 package.
..... speaking of the ST3; how is everyone liking the leather Record seats? I've never owned a car with full leather. So; of course, things come to mind like rain. Lol! Just hit me today! Getting into a car with full leather when it's raining like hell, there's only so much you can do. Not to mention; dragging a dripping wet umbrella into the car. Keeping a towel present, & a good leather conditioner seems to be in order.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The ST3 Recaros are absolutely amazing. Most comfortable seat I have ever been in. And getting leather wet isn't going to vaporize it. Leather has been getting wet for millions of years. Wipe it off and go about your day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just picked up a 16 ST3 at the end of January myself. Definitely do yourself a favor and just go full ST3. The Recaros are everyone's favorite thing about my car, and of course I love them. Very snug but still incredibly comfortable, and i'm still expecting mine to break in a little more.

I actually drove one and did rush into it a little quick, but the deal was still very good. I forgot the rebate was $4000 last month as well, so of course they only gave me $3000, and after a fight, so good to know your numbers better going in. They did give me 0% though which meant everything was actually more affordable than I was originally hoping for. Watch out though, the only disadvantage to the MY16 was that mine had been on the lot for around 6 months or so judging by the build date, and it showed in the paint. The swirl marks were insane. I don't know how picky you are, but I had to invest a full day into detailing it to get it good as new.

That said, I absolutely love this car, and am very glad that I got every option there was so I am never left wishing I had gotten that one more feature. The extras are well worth the cost.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If you are fat or super big the recaros might not be for you. I'm actually fairly skinny but have broad shoulders and it's a perfect fit, but any wider and it'd be uncomfortable. My wife who is a foot shorter also loves the seat as they hug her in place as well. They took me a few days to get used to, then I fell in love and actually found them improving my posture and changing how I sit in my truck.

Good luck out there today and don't get pressured into any deals by pushy dealers! Take your time and get the set up YOU want!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A kona blue 2016 is available. The white one is gone. Drat!
How is the kona blue to care for?
After owning a black Mazdaspeed, I swore I would never own another dark car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...still waiting to hear back on the Kona Blue ST.
The dealer found a couple further away, and because of the distance said there would be $499 destination charge. One of those is Kona Blue with red stripes, & red mirrors.

I'm 6'4" 195 lbs. The leather Recaro''s feel good to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts