Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got rid of my 15 and bought a 17. Before I get a bunch of **** for it, the deal made sense with the price I got and the fact there was a ton of body damage done to the 15'. The entire driver side and front of the vehicle was bondod and repainted since 2kmiles. Moving on, i did return my car to stock before the trade in. I have a Stratified flash tune. Obviously all my parts will be in the car before I flash the ECU but wanted to make sure this was ok. I know 15' and 17' are the same, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues because of a different ECU version or something stupid.

Also, If I install the AP (for gauges) to the car, will it automatically apply the Cobb OTS tune or will it keep the stock tune until I actually flash a map? TIA.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I know 15' and 17' are the same, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues because of a different ECU version or something stupid.
I could be completely wrong here, but I believe that Stratified uses your ECU serial number to tie the tune to your car. That being the case, I don't believe the tune for you '15 would work on your '17 for that reason alone, nevermind the potential ECU differences.

Also, If I install the AP (for gauges) to the car, will it automatically apply the Cobb OTS tune or will it keep the stock tune until I actually flash a map? TIA.
You have to flash a map - nothing gets automatically applied that I know of.

Again, take all of this with a grain of salt. I'm no expert.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be completely wrong here, but I believe that Stratified uses your ECU serial number to tie the tune to your car. That being the case, I don't believe the tune for you '15 would work on your '17 for that reason alone, nevermind the potential ECU differences.

You have to flash a map - nothing gets automatically applied that I know of.

Again, take all of this with a grain of salt. I'm no expert.
I'll just do what I should have before creating this thread; reach out to Stratified. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts