Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Softer Side Engine/Transmission Mount Bushings Are Here! https://damondmotorsports.com/.../replacement-bushings...

New “Street” bushings are available for all Damond side engine and transmission mounts. We offer these as low cost replacements for existing customers wanted to reduce NVH, as well as new customers looking for new mount from Damond Motorsports.

With these softies and our mount design, added NVH is super minimal, and close to OE levels. Compared to other aftermarket mounts, expect these to offer the least amount of NVH.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Thanks for making these! I was very happy to help test them. These bushings are FANTASTIC!
Did you have the black race ones before? And did they vibrate like crazy? Like mine does.

How much was the difference? I might get these since LWFW and clutch doesn't help at all.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I really like having a swappable bushing option!! Way to go Damond!!

I’m about a year away from beginning to transform my car into a performance monster but side motor mounts have just moved up the list in priority.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you have the black race ones before? And did they vibrate like crazy? Like mine does.

How much was the difference? I might get these since LWFW and clutch doesn't help at all.

Thanks in advance :)
I did have the black race ones. NVH was actually not that bad....until I had to replace my clutch. I replaced it with a Single mass flywheel(steel but still lighter than stock) and the NVH was too much for me. I reached out to DM to see if they had softer bushings available and they were about to beta test their new softer bushings. I was able to beta test the softer bushings...but before I could get them installed my cylinder head cracked :cry:

Anyway, after getting a new head and finally going big turbo, I was able to put these new softer bushings through their paces. I was very happily surprised. NVH is barely above stock, and if you were still running a stock flywheel, I am certain NVH would the same as stock.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
I have a lighter flywheel with race clutch so you can imagine the NVH. I am placing an order for these and the cool part is I can swap it out on track days.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
@slo.shoten Have you noticed the softer Damond bushings helping with getting the wheels to not spin (or spin less) on takeoff with these torquey cars of ours??

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,961 Posts
Reactions: Skykri
1 - 11 of 11 Posts