Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
You basically take out the instrument cluster (really easy to do) and directly power it with a 12v source (I used a car battery), and directly connect the ELS27 cable to the data pins on the back of the IPC. Here's a diagram:

View attachment 385230
I've got it wired up but focccus will not even connect to it, Getting a can error on every attempt. Not even sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've got it wired up but focccus will not even connect to it, Getting a can error on every attempt. Not even sure what to do at this point.
Does the cluster power up on the bench?

Are you using the ELS27 clone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Using the
Does the cluster power up on the bench?

Are you using the ELS27 clone?
Using the same cable you were, and nope. Needles are frozen solid right where they were, have been since the failed flash attempt :(

I've double and triple checked my wiring.

I'm going to install windows 7 on my laptop to see if that helps at all...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just to clarify: when you bricked it, which file were you writing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to clarify: when you bricked it, which file were you writing?
F1ET-14C026-BBE, made it to 99%, failed out, and never came back :(

Focccus labels it as EXE

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
F1ET-14C026-BBE, made it to 99%, failed out, and never came back :(

Focccus labels it as EXE
Sounds like you're flashing a facelift (15+) file. Pre-facelift (13-14) files should start with BM5T or CM5T.

I'm afraid that puts you beyond my ability to help. Once you try to flash a facelift file on a non-facelift cluster, I believe you cannot go back.

Seek @carrot 's help, either here or at focusfanatics. I believe he successfully got facelift software working on a pre-facelift UK cluster. And be sure to report back here with anything you learn!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im tempted to embark on this journey just to get that f*cking ST logo on the start lmao... Do you have the link for the OBD cable you used?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Im tempted to embark on this journey just to get that f*cking ST logo on the start lmao... Do you have the link for the OBD cable you used?
I bought this one

Amazon Sojoy ELS27

Had I not needed to get the car back on the road and had I been able to wait for longer shipping, I would have bought the genuine ELS27 cable. However this clone has been impressive.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts