Ford Focus ST Forum banner
361 - 380 of 380 Posts

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
I don't mind waiting, just want to be sure I haven't been forgotten or "lost in the sauce".
Lost in the sauce of an ugly divorce, I'm afraid.

Start reading at page 16 of this thread.

Edit: to clarify, you will get them. Just no guarantee when. I love mine. They are worth the wait.

· Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,560 Posts
I’m looking into a short shifter. Things I’m looking at at: Boomba, Jbr, Steeda, and Cobb.

Has anyone tried multiple of these, or can tell me if one of them is good/bad?
Sincerely, if I have to do it again, I’ll just trim the stock shifter like an inch, a lot cheaper with same results, unless you wants to go extreme.

· Registered
436 Posts
I ordered these shifter cable bracket bushings from Alex the machines and have a question.

Based on what I’ve seen from other vendors aren’t these supposed to be configured in a male/female format? All 6 of these are the same shape and thickness. The install videos I’ve seen show how one side fits into the other and sits flush against the bracket when bolted down

Automotive tire Wood Rim Auto part Automotive wheel system

· Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
@Edgar Nope, they're universal one side sits on top, another side sits on the bottom and they touch in the middle.

If you want to save yourself some hassle. Super glue them to the shifter bracket before trying to install it. That way you can just lower it in and drop the bolts in.

· Registered
436 Posts
@Edgar Nope, they're universal one side sits on top, another side sits on the bottom and they touch in the middle.

If you want to save yourself some hassle. Super glue them to the shifter bracket before trying to install it. That way you can just lower it in and drop the bolts in.
I looks that you got 2 kits for the shifter. The outside bracket comes with male and female.
Conflicting answers, now I’m more confused. I don’t want to go through the hassle of contacting Alex and getting a man exchange. It took nearly two months just to get these! So I just want to be sure they’re the correct ones

· Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
@Edgar to be clear, I'm going off of one that I just had the transmission out of last week, which had an unknown brand of solid bushings. They were shaped the same, there were 6 identical ones there, and they installed as I described.

If stallion purchased this brand exactly and they came as a male and female, I'd be contacting Alex. At least if he changed the the design to simplify things, you would be getting an answer directly from the source.

· Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,560 Posts
Ok this is from Alex the Machinist site, on the picture he only shows 3 bushings. If you keep reading he added this but no new picture.

These are compatible with the following models:
2012-2018 Focus ST
2016-2019 Focus RS
2012-201 Fiesta ST
(Product picture needs to be updated. Kit actually consists of 6pcs)

No way to tell how they looks like. His shifters bushings looks the same but 4 are required. As TurboGT said, contact him to clear things up.

· Registered
436 Posts
Ok this is from Alex the Machinist site, on the picture he only shows 3 bushings. If you keep reading he added this but no new picture.

These are compatible with the following models:
2012-2018 Focus ST
2016-2019 Focus RS
2012-201 Fiesta ST
(Product picture needs to be updated. Kit actually consists of 6pcs)

No way to tell how they looks like. His shifters bushings looks the same but 4 are required. As TurboGT said, contact him to clear things up.
I did send Alex an email. But it is noted many times on this forum that he is painfully slow at responding and shipping. Hopefully he gets back to me soon. Like I said it took 2 months just for him to ship these so we shall see.

What @TurboGT said is promising though. I may just take it apart and try it out. It’s not that bad of an install once the air box is out

· Registered
4,366 Posts
those bushings you have look like a real sausage party, you better invite some females!! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Edgar and TurboGT
361 - 380 of 380 Posts