Ford Focus ST Forum banner
321 - 340 of 380 Posts

· Registered
2015 Focus ST2
313 Posts
Maybe steeda will start making bushings like these.. hint, hint. I took the holidays into consideration when I placed the order. However, this is exactly what the ad says:

THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY ON MADE TO ORDER STATUS - To order this item, please add it to your cart, and check out as normal. The item will ship within 2-4 weeks (possibly sooner).

This implies a wait time of course, but also tends to indicate that 4 weeks is more the max. I’m at 5 weeks and TurboGT is at 7 weeks by my count. (Actual Weeks, not dates.. I’m in insurance.. we count weeks) lol. I’ll just waiting patiently, and if I don’t have them in a few months then I’ll go from there. Ultimately what matters is that I get them and they work.

· Registered
285 Posts
I'd just wait. They are really nice and worth the wait. Ford racing short shifter is going in this week and still waiting on my Mountune shift arm to ship out one day...

Reactions: Phil449

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
I’m just used to mustangs… I have never had to wait on parts lol.. hopefully our stuff won’t take too long.
Finally got a reply after a 3rd email. He's had some crappy life events recently that have gotten in the way of work. He said he's getting the parts turned out soon though.

· Registered
2015 Focus ST2
313 Posts
Finally got a reply after a 3rd email. He's had some crappy life events recently that have gotten in the way of work. He said he's getting the parts turned out soon though.
I hate to hear that about him. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Thank you for posting back. I am looking forward to them.. just debating on buying a shift arm or keep saving for a turbo.. decisions.. decisions. lol

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
I hate to hear that about him. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Thank you for posting back. I am looking forward to them.. just debating on buying a shift arm or keep saving for a turbo.. decisions.. decisions. lol
Shift mods trash synchros. Big turbos trash the competition.

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Is it banging gears that breaks the synchros?
Kinda, people who dont try to rev match, put EXCESSIVE strain on the synchros and internal gear selector components.

Its more the nut behind the wheel.

Some members here are super paranoid about mods, you just need to learn how to operate the vehicle better/with the mods.

Also, get the JBR arm. Lol

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
I agree. However, shorter throws create shorter shift times in ALL driving scenarios, which increases every day stress. Take that for what it's worth.
Yes, another edition of "Two sides, one coin..."

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
I’m going to install the cable and bushings.. that seemed like a low risk mod that would tighten things up.. may just leave it alone after that.
🥱

321 - 340 of 380 Posts