Ford Focus ST Forum banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
There was a guy on here a while ago I don't remember who it was. Instead of a heavier shift knob. He had like seven pounds of LEAD under the shifty boot.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There was a guy on here a while ago I don't remember who it was. Instead of a heavier shift knob. He had like seven pounds of LEAD under the shifty boot.
Ha... it has either gotten better with use or I'm getting used to it. I'll drive it another couple weeks and then try the bracket bushings. I have the cable end bushing with a weight on it from JBR also but that mod cannot be easily taken back so I'm holding off on that surgery.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Ha... it has either gotten better with use or I'm getting used to it. I'll drive it another couple weeks and then try the bracket bushings. I have the cable end bushing with a weight on it from JBR also but that mod cannot be easily taken back so I'm holding off on that surgery.

I feel as though weighted shift bushings me smooth out the ship but it wouldn't necessarily make it shift easier if anything I would think you would have more resistance. That's more weight you have to get moving. where is a weighted shift knob you are holding in your hand and moving it therefore there's more power being applied to the shift cable.

201 - 204 of 204 Posts
About this Discussion
203 Replies
68 Participants
G heinrich
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing