Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 ST3 and just added new TSW Nurburgring 18x8 wheels for when the temps come back up. I am wondering where to go next on the mods list. Ultimately, I want to do some autocross and maybe the odd track day at Virginia International Raceway or maybe Summit Point in West Virginia. My first thoughts, after reading all the sticky posts on suspension and brakes, turn towards a new set of sway bars and endlinks, followed by Stoptech rotors/pads/brake lines.

What would you do if given a new blank palette?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wider front wheels 9 or 9.5
Lower the front, stiffen the rear.
All engine mounts.
Things that wouldn't blow another piston and are easily reversable.

A well balanced suspension and grip is all this car really needs imo. It's got good highway speed pulls and great handling. Only thing id like to improve would be 0 to 60 time. I know it's not a drag car but it's got everything else so why not.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Save more money and get and Audi RS3.

Love the ST, but that Audi...
That RS3 gets me going in the best ways. OhMaGawd.

Most of the replies above all hit the important ones, OP.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Evo 9 or 135i lol, I love my ST buuuuuut...yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
No ragrats

Reactions: Schwipples

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
328 Posts
The first thing I'd do is a stage 1 and limited slip diff. Trust me learn from my mistakes and **** even do the lsd first, I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me. I went basically FBO minus downpipe when I had the 3 grand but now struggling to come up with the 2 grand for the lsd diff. If id done the difference first it would have been much easier to come up with a few hundred here and there to gradually piece together the stage 3 components.

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
328 Posts
Evo 9 or 135i lol, I love my ST buuuuuut...yeah.

till you had to pay 400 to get the spark plugs changed or have their infamous door glass regulator go out and be missing nearly a grand from you wallet. I grew up un a German auto shop and I won't go near anything German unless I'm making 100k plus per year lol. I almost bought a 135 but had a momentary lapse of reason lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
till you had to pay 400 to get the spark plugs changed or have their infamous door glass regulator go out and be missing nearly a grand from you wallet. I grew up un a German auto shop and I won't go near anything German unless I'm making 100k plus per year lol. I almost bought a 135 but had a momentary lapse of reason lol
I’m a mechanic lol, not afraid to do anything myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts