Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Stealth Grey RS2, forged rims, moon roof, winter tire package....pretty much everything. Picked up at invoice, no trade in the deal, cash purchase. Fair enough for me, but did have to start off facing the "we sell these at msrp"....

Spent a few days with the car breaking it in before surprising her. Simple review: it handles beautiful, smooth power delivery, nice sound. Definitely inline with the reasonable pricing the 2017s are selling at. It makes my modded ST seem like a cheap knock off. She earned it getting her undergrad magna cum laude.

Now its time to trade in my 13 ST and TT RS for a 2018 TT RS and beat that thing to death until I retire. Enjoyed following this community and it's gear head passion. Most of the time I would go to Audi club events and drive the ST instead. Modded, it kept up with most of the germans at various events. Excellent car for the price point.

Keep up the good work making those expensive cars sweat ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
best dad award sir.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nice pick up for the daughter! When are you planning on getting your rs?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Damn, that's pretty awesome. Your daughter is definitely loved, appreciated, and SMART! I'm more than a little jealous! Let her know at least I know the dedication it takes to maintain ANY Cum Laude level, and I say CONGRATULATIONS!

My wife graduated summa cum laude with a 3.97~ GPA from UH with Bachelors of Science in Organizational Leadership and Supervision(one high B in last semester), banner bearer, podium seat, etc. The school gave her $1000 and a couple of banquet meals. Felt really special to be along that ride with her.

http://www.uh.edu/technology/news-events/stories/2015/may/052815-graduates.php

Blurb here about Kari Barber is my lovely and talented bride. We had our kid between semesters, just to add to the complications! :)

Reactions: fostguy

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have to be honest as soon as I read the title I immediately began judging. After reading, it sounds like she really deserves it and had to work for it. Good on you.

Reactions: SFST14

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Dang...I got a 98' Chevy S10 POS. It was stick shift and I had no idea how to drive it and my dad just said, "learn". Biggest lemon ever. She is going to turn a lot of heads haha. Every time my fiance drives my ST she gets a lot of looks:cool2:

She is very fortunate!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am available to be adopted!!

("Who's your Daddy??")

:p

Mark

Reactions: SFST14

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey it's me, your daughter. Where did you put the keys again?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice gift and she certainly worked hard for a nice car. I'd say the same thing if you bought it for your son. The RS is a hand full to novice drivers. Though learning curve. ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice! Just picked up a 17 Stealth Gray RS myself and loving it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got my undergrad magna, while working full time.. a bit delayed at 24, but where's my car!? Lol nice to hear stories with happy endings though! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Very good for her, and also to you OP for raising such a bright and successful individual. You deserve props as well for this feat.

Glad to hear she was given praise for her obviously outstanding and impressive work. It's my goal that, in the event I have a child, I get to responsibly play with him or her in equivalently awesome cars such as the RS.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dang...I got a 98' Chevy S10 POS. It was stick shift and I had no idea how to drive it and my dad just said, "learn". Biggest lemon ever. She is going to turn a lot of heads haha. Every time my fiance drives my ST she gets a lot of looks:cool2:

She is very fortunate!
I love my 2000 s10!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts