Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
dont think you can adjust it....... without a chop saw and a welder ;) ask me how I know

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the bright side ...

We got rid of our loaded 2014 Ford Fusion in part because its passenger seat was at a fixed position that was too LOW. Drove us nuts, not being able to see well.

Who does Ford get to make these passenger seat height decisions? ST too high for some (fits us fine), Fusion too low. Why not both adjustable?

·
Registered
554 Posts
or because Recaro...because race car. lol

But seriously, if it is because $, that is serious penny pinching cheap. Even base Mazda3 from 2004 have push/pull handles on the side for which to raise/lower.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
or because Recaro...because race car. lol

But seriously, if it is because $, that is serious penny pinching cheap. Even base Mazda3 from 2004 have push/pull handles on the side for which to raise/lower.
Not saying it's fact or anything but a reasonable guess. Spread the savings over 20-100 thousand cars a year and that's substantial amount of money. Besides no one pays sticker (except me, bought 10/12) so they have to make money somehow. Haha

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Seats are real disappointment.. regardless of what brand they stitch on them.

ST3 here, base of seat angle is too aggressive, feels like you are bending over trying to tie your shoe.. all the time. Added spacers on back bolts to help, but still, $4K up charge on trim, at very least angle adjustment would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've always wondered if you could order a driver's side seat from across seas and put it in a stateside FoST on the passenger side, problem solved. Would certainly be a pricey solution though.

Tappin' with my G3

·
Registered
554 Posts
ermagerd...still, an ST? They sold like 13,000 their first year or something. They can't possibly think to actually profit significantly from these cars?

Now the new ST3 2015 might have it. They have power lumbar support on the driver seat now so they must have stepped up as well with the passenger you'd think.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
ermagerd...still, an ST? They sold like 13,000 their first year or something. They can't possibly think to actually profit significantly from these cars?

Now the new ST3 2015 might have it. They have power lumbar support on the driver seat now so they must have stepped up as well with the passenger you'd think.
Nope... Manual passenger... Tilt the back and slide the seat forward and back.. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts