Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's a story that should make you laugh, then:

Many years ago, someone was talking to a Naval Aviator who had many hours flying both the F-14 and the F/A-18, which he was flying currently because the F-14s were taken out of service. The person asked the aviator to describe the difference.

Well, he said, the F-14 was like a 1970s performance car with a bunch of performance upgrades and upgraded horsepower, it was raw power but not any fancy gadgets.

He then said his F/A 18 was more like the touring version of the Honda Odyssey minivan, not as much performance but all of the electronic bells and whistles!

Having said that, I do like the ST3 features I have, but would never pity anyone in an ST1.

I do pity those who don't have the upgraded sound system I put in....

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Here's a story that should make you laugh, then:

Many years ago, someone was talking to a Naval Aviator who had many hours flying both the F-14 and the F/A-18, which he was flying currently because the F-14s were taken out of service. The person asked the aviator to describe the difference.

Well, he said, the F-14 was like a 1970s performance car with a bunch of performance upgrades and upgraded horsepower, it was raw power but not any fancy gadgets.

He then said his F/A 18 was more like the touring version of the Honda Odyssey minivan, not as much performance but all of the electronic bells and whistles!

Having said that, I do like the ST3 features I have, but would never pity anyone in an ST1.

I do pity those who don't have the upgraded sound system I put in....
I have an upgraded sound system too:

Symposer delete
Muffler delete w/ MRT axle back
Resonator delete and replaced with Magna Flow 10416 muffler
Vibrant 1141 Resonator added between down pipe and muffler
Catless Depo down pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
I have an upgraded sound system too:

Symposer delete
Muffler delete w/ MRT axle back
Resonator delete and replaced with Magna Flow 10416 muffler
Vibrant 1141 Resonator added between down pipe and muffler
Car go vrroom. Music no go boom boom.
😆

Reactions: FSQM2

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i am the proud owner of a 2018 Focus ST1. I obtained it 2 months ago with less than 20,000 miles on it. I love the car. So today I was approached at the gas station whilst filling up on some fuel by another ST owner. He looks in the car and says, "oh, you only got a ST1, im sorry..." When i asked why he would say sorry, his reply was "well, you dont have a ST3, so you dont have all the good stuff" and asked if it was because "I couldn't afford a ST3". In such a snobby tone of voice. I replied, " but i do have the good stuff, a 2.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual". he laughed and said " but you dont have recaro seats (which in fact even theST1 seats are made by Recaro), apple play or heated steering wheel".. I just said, " sorry you think that to own a PERFORMANCE car means i need to turn my lighting to purple and play on my phone through SYNC." and asked, "how much HP is that purple ambient lighting and heated steering wheel nets him" and just started laughing. he gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.. Some of us dont like bells and whistles on our PERFORMANCE cars.. such a douchbag this dude was..
Brooooo I could’ve not agree more with you!!! I also have an 2018 mk1 and to be honest I wish it had the CarPlay system since I have to use my phone with the god while driving manual butttt you can just install one by yourself later so what’s the point. Hope you end up loving your car bro, it really is fun to drive one of these!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If they had a ST0 with roll your own windows up and down I would have taken it
Hear Hear...
To hell with all the gadgets and fluff... If thats your thing good for you... but don't look down on us that only want two seats and a steering wheel...

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Hear Hear...
To hell with all the gadgets and fluff... If thats your thing good for you... but don't look down on us that only want two seats and a steering wheel...
Two seats? Maybe! I don't think I've ever had anyone in my back seat and would gladly do without them. An interior delete option would have been nice...

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,589 Posts
I have replaced more manual crank mechs than electric so far. 😊

·
Administrator
12,621 Posts
Two seats? Maybe! I don't think I've ever had anyone in my back seat and would gladly do without them. An interior delete option would have been nice...
Car is pretty loud without those seats, lol

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Car is pretty loud without those seats, lol
Some nice light weight panels and a bit of sound deadener would be part of the delete option (in my mind).

·
Administrator
12,621 Posts
Some nice light weight panels and a bit of sound deadener would be part of the delete option (in my mind).
A lot of sound deadening. I did whole trunk, wheel wells-ish and under rear seats, but Im living that racecar life when my trans works.

·
Registered
42 Posts
dude i searched hi n low for a mm 2015 st3, but i wouldnt knock anyone for getting a st1, its each to there own i ve got about 78k and feel the recaros are just broke in, but its true what you say in some respects my 1200$ bi zenons are scuffed to fk on the tops,

·
Registered
161 Posts
This thread actually made me chuckle… A LOT!! My ‘18 was a clearance car 18.5 out the door, I bought it knowing that the radio was gonna suck, and who cares about the other stuff anyway. I bought it for my commute, and it has gotten me ST shamed.
I pulled in behind this little tan hottie filling a Buick Enclave at the gas station, she was just leering at me when I pulled in. I kinda kept her in the corner of my eye when I started filling up….

So then it happened when I made eye contact… she opened up her big yap and said to me “aren’t you a little old to be driving a car like that?” I was put back a little, I was expecting hey nice car or I love your beer belly…. But aren’t you a little young to be driving your Grandparents car fell out of my mouth somehow…

The gas pump clicked off, she was still filling when I drove off.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
I was put back a little, I was expecting hey nice car or I love your beer belly…. But aren’t you a little young to be driving your Grandparents car fell out of my mouth somehow…

The gas pump clicked off, she was still filling when I drove off.
Lmao that was perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,621 Posts
Actually, Carmax offered me 19,200 for my 17 with 56k on it. Heck I only paid 22k for it, so seriously thinking about it.
Right now, which is a very very rare situation, that nobody predicted. Lots of people are selling their cars, and homes during this crazy inflation / supply/demand situation.

Reactions: JMB467

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,589 Posts
Right now, which is a very very rare situation, that nobody predicted. Lots of people are selling their cars, and homes during this crazy inflation / supply/demand situation.
Anybody placed bets how long until it self-corrects?

·
Administrator
12,621 Posts
Anybody placed bets how long until it self-corrects?
Self corrects? You mean once the handouts stop and we slink into a depression.

Probably another year or two.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts