Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my ST3 but I fully acknowledge how lame I am for wanting my heated seats/steering wheel, Sync3, recaro's, etc, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's too bad someone would assume you "can't afford" a higher trim, when I'd imagine it comes down to preference/availability more than money almost all the time anyways. ST1's are lighter and have less potential failure points, as others have mentioned, and since they have identical powertrains, it makes all the sense in the world if you don't care for bells and whistles.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have an ST3 but it was my only option at the time I bought. Having said that, heated seats and steering wheels are VERY GOOD THINGS when it gets to -40. I would have liked an RS for winter driving especially, but I wasn't going to pay the premium they wanted for it. I used to rag on the young pukes around here that drive rig rockets but over time I realized that if it made them happy and they aren't making my life miserable IDGAF. They start coal rolling me, that's a different issue, But that's hard to do when they're in my rear view....:LOL:

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
St3 owner on some dumb ****. The OEM Sony system is garbage. 🤣
It's a miracle I haven't completely ripped it out and redone it yet.
I just bought the ST3 because it was the most available near me, heated seats and navigation. Like @StanE mentioned, all of it can be added.
Idk about the rest of you, but IDGAF about the interior when I see another ST owner. I wanna know what's done to it performance wise!
All except dual zone automatic climate control (which for me personally is a highly desirable feature).

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
So i am the proud owner of a 2018 Focus ST1. I obtained it 2 months ago with less than 20,000 miles on it. I love the car. So today I was approached at the gas station whilst filling up on some fuel by another ST owner. He looks in the car and says, "oh, you only got a ST1, im sorry..." When i asked why he would say sorry, his reply was "well, you dont have a ST3, so you dont have all the good stuff" and asked if it was because "I couldn't afford a ST3". In such a snobby tone of voice. I replied, " but i do have the good stuff, a 2.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual". he laughed and said " but you dont have recaro seats (which in fact even theST1 seats are made by Recaro), apple play or heated steering wheel".. I just said, " sorry you think that to own a PERFORMANCE car means i need to turn my lighting to purple and play on my phone through SYNC." and asked, "how much HP is that purple ambient lighting and heated steering wheel nets him" and just started laughing. he gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.. Some of us dont like bells and whistles on our PERFORMANCE cars.. such a douchbag this dude was..
Good on you to give it back to that db. I intentionally purchased my ST1 because I didn’t want all the extra stuff on my car. I don’t like moonroofs or leather seats. I would like to see manufacturers offer more minimalist versions of cars, but we know there’s no money to be made in that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an ST3 but it was my only option at the time I bought. Having said that, heated seats and steering wheels are VERY GOOD THINGS when it gets to -40. I would have liked an RS for winter driving especially, but I wasn't going to pay the premium they wanted for it. I used to rag on the young pukes around here that drive rig rockets but over time I realized that if it made them happy and they aren't making my life miserable IDGAF. They start coal rolling me, that's a different issue, But that's hard to do when they're in my rear view....:LOL:
when I got mine, I wasn't even really aware of the ST1-2-3 thing, I just wanted the bolstered and heated seats. The rest of it I didn't even know was on the car til a few weeks after I got it. Not positive, but I don't think my sunroof has ever been opened. The Sony system is absolute garbage, I'm guessing the lower trim audio system probably sounds just as good, and probably better... it can't get much worse than this Sony thing. I'll be frank about it, the leather looks damn good, but functionally, I'd rather have these same exact seats, but with fabric covering instead. It would be far more comfortable, and fabric hangs on to your behind a lot better in hard cornering. IF I keep this car long enough for the leather to start getting nasty, I'll pay to have them rebuilt and re-covered in fabric of some sort. Basically, I got a car that probably weights Xhundred pounds more than an ST1 all so I could get the high bolster seats. Probably not the most thought out decision I ever made... but then again, when I bought it, there were very few left on the market at all. I didn't even get the color I wanted because of that.

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
145 Posts
For those who ask WTF is a rig rocket...
View attachment 391632

Alberta is full of these useless things....

never seen a guy get out of one of these that was taller than 5'9". Might as well have a billboard that says COMPENSATING on it. Might see less of them with the way gas prices are going lol.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
What a douche-flex. I had a Porsche 911 at one time. Now I have an ST1. I'm not rich but I certainly don't have money issues. Not sure what I would have said in your situation, OP. Surprised a ST owner would act that way.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
mushrooms?!? lol.. mushrooms are for people afraid of a real good time on LSD.. lol. although i havent touched either in many many years..
lingers in your brain forever, mushies are natural ,and have all but no effect the next day

If the st1 was the greatful dead
the st3 would be the jimi hendrix experience

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,588 Posts
lingers in your brain forever, mushies are natural ,and have all but no effect the next day

If the st1 was the greatful dead
the st3 would be the jimi hendrix experience
So the ST3 douche owner the op described was really purple hazed 😁

·
Registered
176 Posts
Should’ve been like, you’re being snobby over the interior package on a Ford Focus....you do realize this right? A focus. Dude drives a fully loaded focus and acts like he’s driving the new RR or some ****.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts