Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Imagine buying a Focus and imagining good resale value at all, lmao!
Or having to explain to non car folks that you don't have an RS but its not like the regular sh*tbox Focus

·
Administrator
12,988 Posts
Or having to explain to non car folks that you don't have an RS but its not like the regular sh*tbox Focus
I still love that they have to use our block to go over 400whp, and dyno in fwd. Really glad I didn't jump on that wagon. More money for a less capable platform, well, besides traction, lmfao

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
597 Posts
Wow, I JUST went through that with a coworker at work this week. Haha

Reactions: NukerST

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
...My neighbor just said that shizz after I grabbed my pole saw to help him trim branches (I was walking my Son around the block and saw his A-frame ladder in the back of his truck and he was curssing at a flippin' sawzall!!! ROFL). We talked about his 'toy Jeep' that's eventually going to be amazing apparently, then my car came up. "Oh, I thought it was the RS... Well, (serious self check observed as he averted rather than rolled his eyes, LMAO!)... That's cool though".

Then explained the differences. Meh... I sold the WRX for a '13 SE & a degree. Then, I upgraded to a '14 ST ST1 3 years later, and finally onto the '18 ST3. Why ST3? It was the only one within 500 miles, got 0% interest, & had just walked away from a '17 RS (used).

A paid off chevy cobalt is better than their credit riddled life style anyways. I know multi-millionaires that drive the most beat to piss trucks you've ever seen, LMAO!

·
Super Moderator
10,247 Posts
...My neighbor just said that shizz after I grabbed my pole saw to help him trim branches (I was walking my Son around the block and saw his A-frame ladder in the back of his truck and he was curssing at a flippin' sawzall!!! ROFL). We talked about his 'toy Jeep' that's eventually going to be amazing apparently, then my car came up. "Oh, I thought it was the RS... Well, (serious self check observed as he averted rather than rolled his eyes, LMAO!)... That's cool though".

Then explained the differences. Meh... I sold the WRX for a '13 SE & a degree. Then, I upgraded to a '14 ST ST1 3 years later, and finally onto the '18 ST3. Why ST3? It was the only one within 500 miles, got 0% interest, & had just walked away from a '17 RS (used).

A paid off chevy cobalt is better than their credit riddled life style anyways. I know multi-millionaires that drive the most beat to piss trucks you've ever seen, LMAO!
Feel good about what you have and screw everyone else. The guy across the street from me has a boat, 3 cars, a Harley and has been bragging that he's getting a pool; I know where he works and what he makes. He'll be in debt until the day he dies. Mean while I just sit back and watch the world go by on the front porch of my paid for house with a paid for car and truck in the paid for garage. Time to get back to work on the slot cars for the grand kids; finally got the last piece I need for the four lane set up...;)

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
383 Posts
So i am the proud owner of a 2018 Focus ST1. I obtained it 2 months ago with less than 20,000 miles on it. I love the car. So today I was approached at the gas station whilst filling up on some fuel by another ST owner. He looks in the car and says, "oh, you only got a ST1, im sorry..." When i asked why he would say sorry, his reply was "well, you dont have a ST3, so you dont have all the good stuff" and asked if it was because "I couldn't afford a ST3". In such a snobby tone of voice. I replied, " but i do have the good stuff, a 2.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual". he laughed and said " but you dont have recaro seats (which in fact even theST1 seats are made by Recaro), apple play or heated steering wheel".. I just said, " sorry you think that to own a PERFORMANCE car means i need to turn my lighting to purple and play on my phone through SYNC." and asked, "how much HP is that purple ambient lighting and heated steering wheel nets him" and just started laughing. he gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.. Some of us dont like bells and whistles on our PERFORMANCE cars.. such a douchbag this dude was..
I have a 2016 ST ST1 package and I’m absolutely in love w the car. As long as you love it who cares.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Might i recommend Titanium seats? Same structure, but they're leather and heated.
you know, I never bothered noticing before and I just looked them up, those are pretty dang nice.
I'm an unusual one though I believe, the ST3 seats fit me almost perfect, even on long drives they are quite comfortable for me.
That being said, if I was wanting to upgrade an ST1, I might just go for those, they look comfy with still more than adequate bolstering

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
you know, I never bothered noticing before and I just looked them up, those are pretty dang nice.
I'm an unusual one though I believe, the ST3 seats fit me almost perfect, even on long drives they are quite comfortable for me.
That being said, if I was wanting to upgrade an ST1, I might just go for those, they look comfy with still more than adequate bolstering
"Upgrade to an ST1"... Killin' me Smallz! However, I've had them, and yes they are super comfy ;)

Reactions: NukerST

·
Registered
69 Posts
Might i recommend Titanium seats? Same structure, but they're leather and heated.
Interesting thought, thanks for the reminder - I had a 2014 SE in 2014 and if not for the failure of the DCT, I would have kept on loving it. I'm mainly coming at the seats from the angle of long trips are uncomfortable. I love the seats, they help make the look of the car but I'm either removing the formed plastic from the seat or swapping seats. I'm also looking at the possible weight reduction factor (I have no thread yet but I plan on meeting omniphil or beating him ...eventually...).

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have an st1 and I love it. There's no way in hell I was going to pay for the premium sound system just to rip it all out and replace it. The only thing I wish I did have was the HID headlights. Hid retrofit I was qouted about $1,000 they wanted $400 just to crack the headlight housings open for me. I know I could do it myself pretty cheap from what I've seen the permaseal on the headlight housings can be a real b****.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have an ST-3 with no puddle lights, non adjustable red ambient lighting, no full leather, etc. It's just a name......

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
So i am the proud owner of a 2018 Focus ST1. I obtained it 2 months ago with less than 20,000 miles on it. I love the car. So today I was approached at the gas station whilst filling up on some fuel by another ST owner. He looks in the car and says, "oh, you only got a ST1, im sorry..." When i asked why he would say sorry, his reply was "well, you dont have a ST3, so you dont have all the good stuff" and asked if it was because "I couldn't afford a ST3". In such a snobby tone of voice. I replied, " but i do have the good stuff, a 2.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual". he laughed and said " but you dont have recaro seats (which in fact even theST1 seats are made by Recaro), apple play or heated steering wheel".. I just said, " sorry you think that to own a PERFORMANCE car means i need to turn my lighting to purple and play on my phone through SYNC." and asked, "how much HP is that purple ambient lighting and heated steering wheel nets him" and just started laughing. he gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.. Some of us dont like bells and whistles on our PERFORMANCE cars.. such a douchbag this dude was..
you made this up, on mushrooms, listening to the greatful dead

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
St3 owner on some dumb ****. The OEM Sony system is garbage. 🤣
It's a miracle I haven't completely ripped it out and redone it yet.
I just bought the ST3 because it was the most available near me, heated seats and navigation. Like @StanE mentioned, all of it can be added.
Idk about the rest of you, but IDGAF about the interior when I see another ST owner. I wanna know what's done to it performance wise!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I wasn't going to comment on this thread- because everything that is relevant to this topic has already been said- but then I figured one more data point that confirms that the guy you unfortunately encountered is a loser wouldn't hurt. Feel sorry for that guy, because imagine going through life without the ability to filter what you say, and still have to function as part of society? All Focus ST's come from the factory identically-equipped with respect to the powertrain- everything else is simply personal preference. I personally wanted the ST3 seats- but did not have much of an opinion on all of the other stuff- so I had no choice but to get an ST3. It helped that I negotiated a new one down to ST1 money- but an ST is an ST. These cars (and those who value small, sporty cars with a manual transmission) are going away- and quickly.

This same scenario played out between two electric car owners won't happen, because all of the cars look the same, and any differences will be in what software package you paid for.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Feel good about what you have and screw everyone else. The guy across the street from me has a boat, 3 cars, a Harley and has been bragging that he's getting a pool; I know where he works and what he makes. He'll be in debt until the day he dies. Mean while I just sit back and watch the world go by on the front porch of my paid for house with a paid for car and truck in the paid for garage. Time to get back to work on the slot cars for the grand kids; finally got the last piece I need for the four lane set up...;)
There’s so much peace in knowing that the car you have is paid off.

It’s crazy because at least to me, nothing out there is nice enough or fast enough to justify going back to making payments again. I’d only consider another car if I can buy it outright.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts