Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am the proud owner of a 2018 Focus ST1. I obtained it 2 months ago with less than 20,000 miles on it. I love the car. So today I was approached at the gas station whilst filling up on some fuel by another ST owner. He looks in the car and says, "oh, you only got a ST1, im sorry..." When i asked why he would say sorry, his reply was "well, you dont have a ST3, so you dont have all the good stuff" and asked if it was because "I couldn't afford a ST3". In such a snobby tone of voice. I replied, " but i do have the good stuff, a 2.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual". he laughed and said " but you dont have recaro seats (which in fact even theST1 seats are made by Recaro), apple play or heated steering wheel".. I just said, " sorry you think that to own a PERFORMANCE car means i need to turn my lighting to purple and play on my phone through SYNC." and asked, "how much HP is that purple ambient lighting and heated steering wheel nets him" and just started laughing. he gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.. Some of us dont like bells and whistles on our PERFORMANCE cars.. such a douchbag this dude was..

Premium Member
馃憤

Reactions: StanE

Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
I didn't want an ST2/3 because it's A) more expensive for the initial vehicle purchase, and B) there are WAY more electronic things to fail. I live in Colorado, too, which is like the hail capital of the midwest. I've seen enough sunroofs blown out and then the interior drown in rain to know I don't ever want a sunroof on a vehicle out here.

Extra stuff adds weight, and weight makes you slower...

Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1

Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
Why don't you go head off to Castle Anthrax or something?

Premium Member
If they had a ST0 with roll your own windows up and down I would have taken it

Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
People suck. Haha. I dig my ST2. Bought it used and the ST1/2/3 wasn鈥檛 really a factor for me.
Just wanted to get back into a manual and something fun that I can work on.
And鈥 leather seats are dumb in a sports car, too damn slippery!

Registered
It鈥檚 a Focus. It鈥檚 a cheap car and always will be. I could have got a $60k truck when we bought the FoST and a AWD Escape 2.0t. The wife was honestly trying to goat me into getting the truck and passing on her getting a car. I wouldn鈥檛 hear it. I鈥檓 driving 120 a day. The ST2 was $22k and hers the same. It鈥檚 what they had on the lot. I do like the bigger Sync and the Recaro seats fit me great though the wife hates them. Other than that couldn鈥檛 care less.

Reactions: NukerST

Administrator
imagine bragging about having an ST3 and having the same resale value as an ST1 after 4 years.
Imagine buying a Focus and imagining good resale value at all, lmao!

Registered
Geez, I'm so excited when I can talk to another FiSt, FoST, FoRS owner, especially after no car related fun for over a year where I live.

Anyways I have an ST2 which I do like but tbh, I'm thinking about trying to get ST1 seats lol. I could take or leave the sunroof, I've only used it a few times each year just to make sure it still works.

Registered
Wonder what year his was and how many miles, because let's say he had a '15 with 70k miles.. Now you can be a little snooty yourself ;)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts