Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1593 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
No I loved the catless, but I paid a shop to put it on and then to take it off and didn't want to have to do that any time I needed warranty work done.

As far as the plugs I think they got wrenched on super tight and I can't get them to break free. I was afraid I was going to snap the plugs.

I'm considering going back to catless though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I saw somewhere either on here or on the Facebook group that somebody had screwed their plug too tight and the white ceramic shattered. Whatever tech worked on your car didn't do you a solid by doing that.

Are we able to use wd40 on plugs to loosen them up? And I thought they were suppose to use anti-seize...

Duuuuude. Go back to catless. It's the way to go. Pull up to a red light and smell those fumes. It's the best.

Sent by electronic courier pigeon.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I may need to go to a shop to get my plugs loosened. Unless you ever want to meet up and make sure I'm not being dumb.

Yeah I've got catless on the brain. Did you have a shop do it? If so,how much?

· Registered
715 Posts
I may need to go to a shop to get my plugs loosened. Unless you ever want to meet up and make sure I'm not being dumb.

Yeah I've got catless on the brain. Did you have a shop do it? If so,how much?

I mean there's only one way to do it? And I'm sure you're doing it. But you just take the little black plug boot out, and use a spark plug socket on a ratchet to get them out. I don't know what kind of looseners can be used there cuz of ignition and stuff, but you may just have to crank on it and get it out. But would also be very careful to not have any of the ceramic pieces go in the hole. But I'd read up before you go to that point.

I had my downpipe put on by this great mechanic. It's a shop down in Cypress off Lincoln and Moody called Cypress Muffler. Dude does phenomenal work, and put it on for me for like $50. Dude use to have a mechanic show on MTV. Dudes legit. Look him up on Yelp.

Reactions: HBGeek

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I mean there's only one way to do it? And I'm sure you're doing it. But you just take the little black plug boot out, and use a spark plug socket on a ratchet to get them out. I don't know what kind of looseners can be used there cuz of ignition and stuff, but you may just have to crank on it and get it out. But would also be very careful to not have any of the ceramic pieces go in the hole. But I'd read up before you go to that point.

I had my downpipe put on by this great mechanic. It's a shop down in Cypress off Lincoln and Moody called Cypress Muffler. Dude does phenomenal work, and put it on for me for like $50. Dude use to have a mechanic show on MTV. Dudes legit. Look him up on Yelp.

That is where I went and he charged me more than that...Honestly I want to say he charged me a lot more than that.

I think I may start a thread on why my spark plugs seem seized. I have not tried WD-30.

· Registered
715 Posts
That is where I went and he charged me more than that...Honestly I want to say he charged me a lot more than that.

I think I may start a thread on why my spark plugs seem seized. I have not tried WD-30.
Seriously? Cuz I remember he put me Borla on, and I swear it was for like 90-100. And a month or two later is when I went catless. Called him up again and he had me stop by. He charged like 50-60. Maybe because he remembered me? But I didn't haggle him or anything. I just thought that was his price. Dude does good work tho.

Yeah, I'd start a thread. And the first thing I'd ask about is the WD. Just wondering if it's safe to spray there. Or maybe use some like brake cleaner or something.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Seriously? Cuz I remember he put me Borla on, and I swear it was for like 90-100. And a month or two later is when I went catless. Called him up again and he had me stop by. He charged like 50-60. Maybe because he remembered me? But I didn't haggle him or anything. I just thought that was his price. Dude does good work tho.

Yeah, I'd start a thread. And the first thing I'd ask about is the WD. Just wondering if it's safe to spray there. Or maybe use some like brake cleaner or something.

My situation is similar. He put on my MBRP and then a month or two later I called him to put on my DP and he remembered me and charged my at least $80.

· Registered
715 Posts
My situation is similar. He put on my MBRP and then a month or two later I called him to put on my DP and he remembered me and charged my at least $80.
Damn dude. I swear it was less than that for my dp. But it was around 90-100 for my actual exhaust. But I have no complaints. Nothing is coming loose, and I'm on coils. So it's stiff. Still goin strong!

Well, if you have some tall jack stands, we could take a whack at it for free lol. I can watch YouTube videos and learn basically anything.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Damn dude. I swear it was less than that for my dp. But it was around 90-100 for my actual exhaust. But I have no complaints. Nothing is coming loose, and I'm on coils. So it's stiff. Still goin strong!

Well, if you have some tall jack stands, we could take a whack at it for free lol. I can watch YouTube videos and learn basically anything.

He does do great work. My MBRP has never rattled. If you want to wrench on my ST we can. Just let me know.

· Registered
715 Posts
He does do great work. My MBRP has never rattled. If you want to wrench on my ST we can. Just let me know.

Wouldn't hurt to try. Can try n get those plugs out. You have some colder plugs ready to go? And can give it a good shot at the downpipe. How hard can it be. I watched the dude do it before and he made it look easy. Just a crappy angle to be working with laying on the ground.

What are your days off?

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to try. Can try n get those plugs out. You have some colder plugs ready to go? And can give it a good shot at the downpipe. How hard can it be. I watched the dude do it before and he made it look easy. Just a crappy angle to be working with laying on the ground.

What are your days off?

I am off Sat/Sun. I don't have the DP anymore...I sold it :crying: So I would have to consider buying a new one.

I do have 4 step colder plugs. I need to locate them since I moved. I can check when I get home though.

· Registered
715 Posts
I am off Sat/Sun. I don't have the DP anymore...I sold it :crying: So I would have to consider buying a new one.

I do have 4 step colder plugs. I need to locate them since I moved. I can check when I get home though.
I remember seeing somewhere you said you were gonna purchase a house. Did you do that? If so, congratulations. That's rad!

Yeah, get a downpipe. It's worth the loudness and smile it brings you lol. Plus it helps break necks.

What plugs did you get? NGK or Denso or?

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I remember seeing somewhere you said you were gonna purchase a house. Did you do that? If so, congratulations. That's rad!

Yeah, get a downpipe. It's worth the loudness and smile it brings you lol. Plus it helps break necks.

What plugs did you get? NGK or Denso or?

No we are saving for one haha. I believe I have the Denso plugs.

· Registered
715 Posts
No we are saving for one haha. I believe I have the Denso plugs.
Not this weekend, but maybe next Saturday we can wrench on those plugs and see what we can do.

I'm trying to get my crap together too and move from my apartment into a home I own.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Not this weekend, but maybe next Saturday we can wrench on those plugs and see what we can do.

I'm trying to get my crap together too and move from my apartment into a home I own.

Awesome! Let me know man. I can come to you for sure.

· Registered
715 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Whens the next socal meet? Im tryong to get some inspiration for my new st
Good question. I am down, but often times the California ST/RS facebook page has more meets on it.

Reactions: seandeeeezy
1561 - 1580 of 1593 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.