Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking for some new snows i need size 215/50/r17 who has seen a good deal best i found was 115.00 at discount tire direct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gotta love shopping for snows lol I finally just found a set 11/32 tread (pretty damn new). 225/40/18 for $450. Too bad your in the states lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ntb has a set of 4 for 92.00 each looks like thats winner for now unless someone has a better deal

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Even if you find them cheaper somewhere else DTD will beat it. Just shoot them a message.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
825 Posts
If these are being put on an actual Focus St...Do they have a 149mph rating? are the XL load rated??
Both are good, and the XL load rating is required.
Buying the cheapest tire means buying 87mph only rating, and certainly not XL load rated.

IMO buying the cheapest tires is like shopping for the cheapest heart transplant. LOL
"Why I found a guy who, in his garage, can do my heart transplant for only $8,000."

·
Registered
76 Posts
I never understood getting snows for the winter. I mean, I guess if you run a pure summer tire in the warmer weather months. I live in Ohio so, I prefer to have a performance all season. Like the cooper RS3-G1?s I got last weekend. I guess if you lived in the snowy states it makes sense

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I never understood getting snows for the winter. I mean, I guess if you run a pure summer tire in the warmer weather months. I live in Ohio so, I prefer to have a performance all season. Like the cooper RS3-G1?s I got last weekend. I guess if you lived in the snowy states it makes sense
In Pennsylvania (which isn't any more north than you, but we do have the Appalachians) I absolutely need, no exceptions, snow tires. I wouldn't have gotten out of my parking spot the few days we had the good snow here last year. I hardly got out of my parking spot with like 4 inches with perfect new summer tires, probably wouldn't have gotten out with No-seasons. The other reason I get them is because no-seasons aren't "great" at anything. They suck in the dry and suck in the really snowy, so why not have a set great in warm and a set great in cold/snow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts