Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my cattless downpipe today as well as step one colder plugs. Car runs fine but if you do a pull in a gear it will blow blue smoke out of the exhaust for a few seconds then clear up. The car has a panda motor works intake tube, Cobb filter, catch can, colder plugs, cat less downpipe and a access port. Any ideas could it be build up by chance? It is my daily but does not get ran hard at all. I know blue smoke means oil but it didn't start until I put the down pipe in thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Tkanks!! I believe I'll be OK just scared me because out of the blue bam smoke screen lol
After I installed my COBB catback, there was a huge smoke screen behind my car for a good ten minutes. Good to go after it burned off :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it was solid I haven't drove in the past hour or so I got to out for a little bit so maybe after a solid drive it will clear up

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive installed coated and uncoated headers on my other vehicles and they usually smoke for a bit. What manufacturers usually do is put a film similar to paint that is meant to burn off. On one set I received it came with an instruction pamphlet that said it supposed to smoke bad to burn off the protective film.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did about a hour of driving no change still smokes after a hard pull starting to think maybe the turbo is trying to go

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is thick smoke not carbon or black smoke but this smoke and it will smoke for 15 seconds if not better after you get out of it and it starts idling down

·
Registered
Performance Blue 2014 Focus ST3. STOCK AF. Cobb RMM, Cobb Air Filter, SymPOSER delete, Clutch Spring
21 Posts
This is thick smoke not carbon or black smoke but this smoke and it will smoke for 15 seconds if not better after you get out of it and it starts idling down
you ever find what it was man? same prob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts