Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the mazda thin smart key? Does anyone know if there is a universal key similar that can be programed for a 2013 focus st? Or does anyone know of something that I can replace my current smart key with that is thinner?

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
774 Posts
My freinds car had it he kept it in his wallet. I think yea it was a Peugeot. I would like to know too subscribed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
When I went looking for a ST. The dealer had a ST being held for a customer.
He let me sit in it, and handed me the smart key, which was much smaller (thinner, and narrower, no 'real' key inside) than the stock keys.
He could not tell me anything about it. Other than the car was sold, but not delivered.
I really wanted one of those little keys... (it was maybe 25% of the volume of the stock ST key.)
It was a long (but not as long as the stock fob) oval shape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys so I just emailed ford and told them about this idea. I am going to created a 3d model just incase they are interested. could you PM me a sketch for shape and a starting idea. thanks I might try to 3d print something that I can swap the internals of my key into. if it works Ill make a couple extra for you E.E. and W4R If you want.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey guys so I just emailed ford and told them about this idea. I am going to created a 3d model just incase they are interested. could you PM me a sketch for shape and a starting idea. thanks I might try to 3d print something that I can swap the internals of my key into. if it works Ill make a couple extra for you E.E. and W4R If you want.
How about one in the profile shape of our cars? That would be rad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts