Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what kinds of small/oddball type mods people have done with their cars. I just got my ST a couple weeks ago and I'm not really planning on making any big moves with it till after winter, so I am like....what can I play around with for now. I'm completely stock...except for the BOV.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here are some small and easy mods:
Plastidip wheels
Shorty antenna
Wing riser
Other wing additions (lip)
Emblem overlays
Short shift plate
Shifter bushings (slightly more involved installation)
Green filter
Window tint
Resonator or muffler delete
Hood struts
Wheel spacers
Rear motor mount
Boomba has some nice engine dress up parts
Cobb accessport?

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
He forgot the coolest; smallest mod there is. The rear motor mount. Driver mod is the BEST, smallest mod you can do, and seems its taken care of. :cool2:
nm he got it, i didn't see that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Small performance mods like the green filter and RMM are good.

To me, too many cheap cosmetic changes start to make the car look, well, cheap. That's just me, though.

For those things I've added:
Hood struts (more of a performance thing)
Floor liners
Yellow fog vinyls
Vent visors

I'd like to tint the windows next, but I'll probably stop there in the cosmetics dept.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me neither

Reactions: Toadster

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love small mods, gives me something to do over the weekend for an hour or two. My favorites:

Cobb AP with rune from FSWerks (only if you don't really care about your warranty)
Cobb RMM (MUST HAVE, like stop reading this, go buy one)
Green Filter (that flow though)
Shift Plate (40%+ reduction is where it's at)
Rear Seat Delete (Because race car)

All these can be done in an hour or two with basic tools, and are all pretty cheap (except for the AP, but WORTH IT)

Reactions: FergusonT

·
Registered
71 Posts
FSWerks shifter plate is #1 priority. Easiest of all the shift throw shifter plates to install and can be done in 15 minutes.

I like everything about the ST with the exception of the distance for the shifter throw. Total garbage stock. 40% reduction is light years better.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My $0.02. Don't waste any money on a CAI unless you're looking for a little more noise or show. Some functional, and cheaper, mods are the shifter/transmission bushings and some sort of short shifter. I've tried a shifter plate & then the Boomba short sifter. The Boomba is definitely a more intense install but so much better in function & looks. I also went with one of their weighted knobs.

With your MI winters I also would get either WeatherTech or Husky mats. IMO the Husky's are better since they cover the dead pedal area better. They're what I have and I love them.

IMO the RMM depends on how hard you're going to run it. Yes if you're going to run it hard & add power mods. No if you're keeping it stock & it's a DD that you play with once and a while.

Congrats on your ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts