Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car doesn't have a locking glovebox nor center console... which sucks.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a small lock box with enough room that I can store my APv3 in it's black zipper case, my wallet, some cash, and trinkets? Ideal locations would be in the styrofoam "squares" in the spare tire area, or underneath the rear seats? I saw one for under the driver's seat, but I don't want to drill anything nor cut anything.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
You are probably going to want one that has a cable on it to mount to the car. As someone could just take the whole box. Because you wouldn't be able to mount to the foam securely.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just measure the area you want to fit it in and then do some googling. I agree with elyk said above, you should still attach it to the car somehow and that will most likely involve drilling or finding a spot with a bolt you can undue. Its not really much of a deterrent if someone can just take the whole box with them to open later

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure where you'll mount something like this to the car. I suppose you could cable a box to a seat rail, but it'd be in sight which is probably not desirable. Maybe a spot underneath the trunk but I'd think you would want more convenient access.

Have you looked into trying to retrofit a lock cylinder into the arm rest or glove box? Maybe find one at a junkyard/ebay and finagle a lock into it before doing it to the one in your car.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Adding something as mentioned above, to where the rear tire resides is about the only out of sight optional place. Maybe under the rear seats??? No one will ever suspect something is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
CoreyDSFA
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing