Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lol leaking boost...assuming it’s coming out of the ATP blockoff plate. I guess I was supposed to remove the gasket and I didn’t.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol leaking boost...assuming it’s coming out of the ATP blockoff plate. I guess I was supposed to remove the gasket and I didn’t.
I can’t be sure but your problem could be that the silver bracket is under the block off plate not allowing it to seat properly. I would imagine it should be above the block off plate Like how the stock valve was. Here’s a picture of the stock valve.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can’t be sure but your problem could be that the silver bracket is under the block off plate not allowing it to seat properly. I would imagine it should be above the block off plate Like how the stock valve was. Here’s a picture of the stock valve. View attachment 375435

I’m getting under the car in the next hour I’ll post up on it.

Only pulling 13 pounds of boost max right now lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Holding 20 pounds now. Ugh. I’m just gonna wait it out until the new turbo goes in.

****ty pictures, I was upset trying this again lol

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Holding 20 pounds now. Ugh. I’m just gonna wait it out until the new turbo goes in.

View attachment 375441

View attachment 375442

****ty pictures, I was upset trying this again lol
So your leaking from that terrible BPV blockoff? Lol

You can cap that line off from the solenoid on top of the valve cover. Its easier.

A boost leak test would be a great call as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So your leaking from that terrible BPV blockoff? Lol

You can cap that line off from the solenoid on top of the valve cover. Its easier.

A boost leak test would be a great call as well.
Wait what lol? Do you have pictures or instructions or anything! That would be awesome

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I ended up tightening the blockoff plate more and im holding full boost now. Cars going into the shop Monday to start the manifold fab and get installed.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Wait what lol? Do you have pictures or instructions or anything! That would be awesome
I dont. Maybe I'll snag some of mine tomorrow for you. Its super easy, but you need to cap it securely or its a boost leak, as most things are, lmao

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I dont. Maybe I'll snag some of mine tomorrow for you. Its super easy, but you need to cap it securely or its a boost leak, as most things are, lmao
I tied and capped the line on the end near the bpv and tightened the plate and it stopped leaking. Cars going in on Tuesday to get the turbo installed anyways so it’s not a problem anymore

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So I was supposed to get the car back yesterday. They called and said that my downpipe isn't fitting? I haven't had a full chance to see what he means, but I decided that he would just custom fab a new downpipe for me...So another week without my car but at least it will be cool when it gets out

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Yeah,
So I was supposed to get the car back yesterday. They called and said that my downpipe isn't fitting? I haven't had a full chance to see what he means, but I decided that he would just custom fab a new downpipe for me...So another week without my car but at least it will be cool when it gets out
Yeah, with the flange you bought, i didnt think an OEM style DP would fit.

EVERYTHING CUSTOM MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Manifold for the turbo done! Full-race on right for comparison, mine on the left (Done by Mint Performance). Waiting for the materials for the downpipe and then I should have the car back.

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    2.7 MB Views: 12
  • Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    2.4 MB Views: 13

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Welp, still waiting for the car.. was supposed to be done last Monday, but the whole downpipe situation happened. He told me they got the flange they were waiting on today, but haven't replied to any other messages and won't pickup my calls.. so I guess ill get my car back when they finish 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

Other than that, I bought my tune from JST, 91 and E30, so once the car gets out I can get right to datalogging and getting the tunes done!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So basically we got stuck at the part where we drill out of the intake coupler right before the compressor and the hot side pipe to place the nipple screws for the boost controller...So the car will be done the day they arrive, I ordered them on Friday morning from ATP and paid for overnight shipping, so we'll see.

Only other update is that they got the downpipe all finished up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I defiantly want to follow this post and see your end results. I as well built a custom manifold etc and ended up with great results and now I’m in the process of tuning. If you want to see any of it track me down in the introduction page for new members.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey! I'll preface by saying that I came from a MK6 GTI, which was also FBO with some extra little things here and there. Car was a lot of fun. Too much fun..? This was the last of my Volkswagen:
View attachment 374773
TL;DR at the bottom of this post

After a bit of time haggling with insurance about payouts and getting my "go fast" parts out of my car - which they never let me, I scooped up my 2013 TS ST3 from auction:

View attachment 374774

In love with this color, and eager to make the car go faster, I quickly sold my AP3 from my Volkswagen and picked up an AP2 for the Focus thinking I could spare a couple bucks. That was dumb. I ended up selling the AP probably 2 months later due to Cobb cutting support and me wanting to custom tune the car. I ended up getting an AP3 from a forum member for $350.

View attachment 374775
Obligatory gas picture. In love with the rear-end of this car...The MK6 always looked so skinny to me, so this was a nice view.

View attachment 374777
Move out day! The Focus fit all my stuff...which is quite a bit. If you look close enough you can see the Euro plate I was running on my GTI lol.

View attachment 374778
Anyways, onto the goodies!! When I bought car, it already had a Steeda Sound Symposer delete, a Steeda Cold Air Intake (I thought...), and a BOV.
I have never been super mechanically inclined, but I thought this would be a perfect chance to learn some stuff. It didn't take me long to start modding. After reading some decent reviews, I picked up the 3.5' Depo "Son of a Beast" Intercooler.

Me getting started:
View attachment 374779

All finished up!
View attachment 374780

Didn't put the bumper back on just in case I messed something up:
View attachment 374781

I was happy with the IC and how it performed in the Denver summer heat, so I kept it and put the bumper back on that night.

Windows tinted to 15% all the way around:
View attachment 374782

Next thing that was installed was a Catless Megan Racing Downpipe. It was around $150. I thought to myself, why not? Worst is it doesn't fit. I either return it or I'm out $150. Weirdly enough, it fit pretty well!

The forum only lets me attach 10 images per post...I guess ill attach some more to the thread. Heres a full list of mods for people who are tired of my stories and pictures, and a price breakdown. Keep in mind I did all the work myself as well, so I paid 0 on installs

• Modifications:
  • Cobb Filter - Came with car
  • Cobb Accessport V3 - $350
  • BOV (unkown brand) - Came with car
  • Steeda Sound Symposer Delete - Came with car
  • Megan Racing Catless downpipe - $150
  • Depo 3.5' "Son of a Beast Intercooler" - $323 (used coupon)
  • Depo Charge pipes - $210 (used coupon)
  • Torque Solution RMM - $110
  • Steeda intake inlet - $147
  • NGK Iridiums - 1 step colder - $45
  • Resonator Delete - $75
  • Stratified Stage 3 E30 flash tune - with extreme riceboy crackles $125 ($100 for E30 tune, $10 for loud crackles, extra $15 for upgrading to extreme crackles.)
  • Slotted and drilled front rotors - Came with car
  • DIY wing riser $15
The total for all my go fast parts, and tuning, is $1,550, which is well below any stage 3 "kit" I've seen. I am very happy with the car; its quick - and I haven't encountered any problems that I didn't cause myself. I've been driving on this setup for almost 15k miles now and its been a blast! If you can get over the fact of not having name brand parts, and you are willing to do the work yourself, I would 100% recommend you take a route such as this!

The car as it sits today:
View attachment 374784
Why the hell did you sell your v3 accessport, why didnt you just send it to cobb and have them repart number it for 150 bucks, sorry bud but that was goofy as ****.

·
Registered
962 Posts
But your build looks great, I like the way you pieced together your turbo kit, and those welds on your dp are mint.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your manifold compared to Fullrace is way nicer, that thing looks like it should flow 2x as much as long as the head will allow it. Faster you can move air out of the engine the faster you can spool that turbo

21 - 40 of 40 Posts