Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there is a slight dimple in the top center of the wing of my stock 2017 ST. The wing is made of plastic I think, but anyone ever notice this and know of a way to remove the dimple?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I noticed that there is a slight dimple in the top center of the wing of my stock 2017 ST. The wing is made of plastic I think, but anyone ever notice this and know of a way to remove the dimple?
I have not noticed that but I have removed my stock wing and I believe there is enough room to at least fit your hand in it to try to push the dimple out. It's been a little while since I removed so Im not totally sure though. I would try to take it off and look inside the wing at least. can you get a good pic of it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the access cover off of the hatch and it looks like there is not access into the wing. I'm going to put the car in the sun and see if it straightens itself out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I meant take the wing off the car completely

·
Registered
339 Posts
There's two screws on each of the ends of the wing and 3 under that plastic panel on the hatch. Remove all of those and the wing just pops off. It's really easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking the wing off is simple (as you already know). I took the brake lamp out of the wing to see if I could reach the dent, and if I could, if it could be massaged out, but I don't think it will be possible. I guess I'll have to live with it... Thanks for your replies just the same.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Taking the wing off is simple (as you already know). I took the brake lamp out of the wing to see if I could reach the dent, and if I could, if it could be massaged out, but I don't think it will be possible. I guess I'll have to live with it... Thanks for your replies just the same.
Bummer. Can I see the dent?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was thinking maybe a mobile paint-less dent removal guy could do it? Although if it wasn’t very noticeable I would just leave it alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
PokerRun388
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing