Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
BLACK kits shipping out in the morning. (sorry guys, I was out of pads..)

RED kits on deck.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wish the dollar wasn't so bad right now or I would be taking that last black kit! Someone buy it so it doesn't bug me into getting it!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A follow up as to the install of this:

The install is the same as the Wilwood factory 12.88 kit basically.

FocusST.PNG

1. You will be fitting a barrel spacer in addition to the shims shown as #4 moving the caliper outboard a tad bit more.
2. I'm also going to supply you a 40mm long bolt.
3. You will receive a barrel spacer to slip over the stud limiting the use of #14 and compensating for the larger diameter disc.
4. Lastly due to the narrower rotor each pad will require a 1/16" pad shim.

I'll follow up with a couple of you who did not get the pad spacers and bolts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Packing up another kit here I was reminded of how 'nasty' the all metal lock nut are that Wiwood supplies. They are pinched.

Do not put these on dry...some light oil or for me; anti-seize is a given. Lube torque them to about 30-32lbs max.

If you prefer Loctite on them at least test fit with some oil and then dry it all off before you secure them the final time.

3-4_12pt_Nut_large.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
Paid for my kit in red today :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Post 14 shows 1 black remaining, is this the case?
Maybe...right now it's a half a black kit. Supposed to get the other caliper from them soon.

But I'll offer it to you for half price...~! lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That is correct.

For those of you looking for rear kits we offer the combo 14/13 complete big brake kits from $2700 and up.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Should have the "other half" of the BLACK kit here mid week.

·
Super Moderator
7,143 Posts
I have a '13 Focus ST. For this to work on my car I'd have to also buy the larger front rotors correct? What inventory do you have left?

Do you have any specific recommendations?
Indeed you would need to upgrade to the late 14' rotors. Or you can dive into the volvo s80 front rotors for even more of an upgrade. a worthy upgrade indeed.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-brakes/43635-s80-rotors-wilwood-fnsl-bnsl-calipers.html

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-brakes/39528-fnsl-calipers-volvo-s80-rotors.html

Yep, 2007 Volvo S80 v-8 awd seems to be the spec you would want. A better vented rotor set-up, to compliment the braking set-up. Or you can just run the late 14' ST rotors, for about the same price with reduced results. Your call.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We are down to three pair of RED only in the BNSL6 specials.

The standard (ie. more $) kits can be had in BLACK, RED and Nickel

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Final black kit shipped today.

2 RED Kits remain folks. When they're gone...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry for this question, new to all this Ford Focus world. So this caliper kit is a direct bolt on to my 2015 ST? Also how does it affect brake bias, having more clamping power up front?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sorry for this question, new to all this Ford Focus world. So this caliper kit is a direct bolt on to my 2015 ST? Also how does it affect brake bias, having more clamping power up front?

Yes it is a CALIPER kit for your stock 13.1" front rotor. Bolts on without much effort and hast little effect on final brake bias.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts