Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have been following sim racing for awhile and its pretty neat setup they have now. They race for real cash prizes and even some pro-racers take part during the off season. Just finished watching race for $20k. They race on digital copies of real race tracks with digital copies of real cars. This is not your avg ps4/xbox type racing. They are getting ready to add a Fiesta RS WRC category soon.

Online Racing Simulator | NASCAR, Open Wheel, Sportscars & More | iRacing | Simracing | iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations

·
Registered
67 Posts
Iracing is a great platform and community. Participation for most series is great and due to the way the license system is set up, once you climb out of Rookie and D you really get some fun clean racing.
I've found it a blast to participate and occasionally watch when there is a big race going on.

Be warned though...it is addictive! Was just going to dabble. Now I am on my third iteration on my sim rig and have $700+ worth of kit.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I haven't tired iracing but have rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. One has Gingerman and the other Pitt Race so they were great tools to learn the track layouts on. I just have an old Logitech Momo wheels and pedals and they get the job done for learning the track. I use a Mini in rFactor 2, but they actually have a decent Focus ST in Assetto Corsa.

Ford Focus - Ford - Car Detail - Assetto Corsa Database

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up AC during the Steam sale. Only fired it up once, but it looks like it will take some tweaking to get it anywhere near the experience I've gotten to in iR. I haven't browsed through all the vehicles yet but I might have to jump in to go check out the ST in later tonight.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
+1 for iRacing. It can be frustrating at first. But, the payoff is huge. It's a phenomenal way to learn car control as well as a individual tracks. The really nice thing about iRacing is that you really don't need that fancy of a computer to run it reliably. I have a $150 video card and a $400 computer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 for iRacing. It can be frustrating at first. But, the payoff is huge. It's a phenomenal way to learn car control as well as a individual tracks. The really nice thing about iRacing is that you really don't need that fancy of a computer to run it reliably. I have a $150 video card and a $400 computer.
Yeah I figured you didnt but when I went on Youtube and saw some of the rigs people have that are really into it I was like O_O. They had like 3 40" monitors, racing seat, feedback steering wheel, 3 pedals, Manuel shifter, and hydraulic seats. But they raced in high dollar private races that were like invitation only...lol

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yeah I figured you didnt but when I went on Youtube and saw some of the rigs people have that are really into it I was like O_O. They had like 3 40" monitors, racing seat, feedback steering wheel, 3 pedals, Manuel shifter, and hydraulic seats. But they raced in high dollar private races that were like invitation only...lol
The newest update works with the Oculus Ryft. And the reviews have been really good. I think that's going to be the new standard for high end rigs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tried iracing but everyone flocks to the super easy to drive and boring gt3 cars. The rest of the series have super low sof and the fun/tough cars aka f1/v8sc have **** participation and never go official.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried iracing but everyone flocks to the super easy to drive and boring gt3 cars. The rest of the series have super low sof and the fun/tough cars aka f1/v8sc have **** participation and never go official.
Yeah I noticed the F1 type cars are mostly in private races and you have to be invited

·
Registered
57 Posts
Was pro on Iracing on both road and oval for a while, then i had kids, now with 3 kids I have absolutely no time to simrace :(. I definitively have felt a difference since I stopped simracing, iracing kept me sharp, particularly mentally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts