Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm usually not a fan of side window deflectors on cars. They look ok on trucks and SUVs. But if you have ever cracked your window in a heavy rain in your Focus you will see why they are a must-have. Something about the aerodynamics of the Focus causes rain to funnel across the roof and literally pour in the window. I cracked my window the other day in the rain and my arm and leg were soaked in seconds. It was like someone had turned on a faucet on high right over the window. With that being said I think I am gonna go with Weathertech. They are non-adhesive and fit in the window channel. Have them on our Liberty and they look good and have held up fine for 7 years. Much better than the stick on options.

Ford Focus | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Vents, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I think im going to get some because I like to drive with the windows down and on this car you get crazy wind. I had to adjust my seat forward so I didn't get blown around.

Yellowfocusstman

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said I am not a huge fan of the look but they are more for function than form. I was amazed at how with the window cracked in the rain how much water drained in. It wasn't from the front either. It was at the top about half way back. It was almost like there is a funnel there catching all the water and draining it in one spot. I don't think the dark smoke Weathertechs will look that bad. Not as bad as the OEM stick-on ones anyway.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Don't know why but every time I see them on a car I think of a nerd wearing a short-sleeved white shirt that has vinyl pocket protector.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the weathertechs on my 4door Si and loved them. The only problem with them, is that because they go in the window channel, they mold themselves to the rubber weather stripping around the window over time. After about a year on my Si, I took them off to sell the car, and noticed some wind noise from the window not being sealed as well anymore. I dunno. I miss having the window vents, but i think i might go with the stick ons if i get some again. I have my window cracked all year round pretty much, i love having some fresh air moving around.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I may also invest, as my window is often down and, yes I also have got water inside because of this. I do wonder if the taller Euro only drip rails/panal seal would help?
What's wrong with white shirts and pocket protectors?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I got in channel ones from Auto Anything, I think for a 2012 Focus Hatch. Can't recall the brand, but it wasn't Weather Tech and the price was right (low). Light smoke was the only tint option. I put them in, took them out, put them in, and took them out again over a few weeks. I liked the way the vents looked on my Altima - which needed some help in the looks department. But I'm not loving the look in the ST. Also, I noticed the ones I got bumped up wind noise a bit (noticeable). Finally, because they are channel mounted, the rear require double sided tape to hold them in (other wise when the windows down, the vents will slide down and blow away). I didn't want to get sticky glue residue in the window channels. Probably not a huge deal, but I didn't want to worry about it. When I had them in I just kept the rear windows up/locked.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone actually installed these and/or have pics after said installation? I had window vents on my old Focus (the outside stick on type) and loved them. I loved being able to smoke and drive in the rain (it always rains here).

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In channel deflectors ruin the door seals and slide around after about a year.

·
Registered
662 Posts
NOOOOOO!!!!! Don't do it.......... UGLY......... :shocked:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I dont know about ugly, very functional, yes. it is nice to be able to crack a window when it rains. Good example, my truck does not have a/c. It isnt broken, it just never came with the option, it is bare bones rubber mat on the floor crank windows and manual locks. the 350 and locking rear end are the only options it had. When its to warm out to run the heat, which is always since I store it in the winter, every time it rains the windows fog so bad you cant see a thing. so until I installed a set of these my only option if it rained was... get wet. Threw a set of these on the truck and now I can see when it rains and dont get wet.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of side window deflectors on cars. They look ok on trucks and SUVs. But if you have ever cracked your window in a heavy rain in your Focus you will see why they are a must-have. Something about the aerodynamics of the Focus causes rain to funnel across the roof and literally pour in the window. I cracked my window the other day in the rain and my arm and leg were soaked in seconds. It was like someone had turned on a faucet on high right over the window. With that being said I think I am gonna go with Weathertech. They are non-adhesive and fit in the window channel. Have them on our Liberty and they look good and have held up fine for 7 years. Much better than the stick on options.

Ford Focus | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Vents, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com
LOL I had them on the Liberty as well, loved them. Not sure about the Focus, any of the three. Time will tell. I loved them on the Liberty though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts