Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it justified to spend 355 on passenger/ transmission motor mounts for the focus st. Now I haven't done much other than:
Intercooler
Roush CAI with big mouth snorkel
Cobb rear motor mount
Turbo back exhaust
Cobb ap
Short shifter
Eibach sportline springs
And Bigger rear sway bar
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
So I have the Steeda RMM with the softer bushings in it now, and at idle with the AC I'd get some pretty good NVH. After installing the TTR passenger mount (which was insanely easy to install) I have a lot less NVH at idle but a bit more when accelerating from a stopped position. But with a little clutch manipulation you can eliminate that from accelerating. Oddly enough it seemed to make shifting transitions smoother because the motor is bucking less.

Reactions: XR_1200

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the Steeda passenger side motor mount. Which was pretty easy to install. I used the softer of the two bushings. Not sure if it made a difference or not but it transferred more engine noise into the car. Almost made it sound more like a 6 cylinder in the cab than a 4. Could definitely get rid of the sound symposer afterwards.

Almost forgot. The reason why I did it is because I picked it up second hand for half price so I figured why not give it a shot.

Reactions: XR_1200 and elyk864

·
Registered
344 Posts
So I have the Steeda RMM with the softer bushings in it now, and at idle with the AC I'd get some pretty good NVH. After installing the TTR passenger mount (which was insanely easy to install) I have a lot less NVH at idle but a bit more when accelerating from a stopped position. But with a little clutch manipulation you can eliminate that from accelerating. Oddly enough it seemed to make shifting transitions smoother because the motor is bucking less.
It depends on how you drive and what you want. I went with TTR side mounts (both sides) and Cobb RMM. I ran the Cobb RMM for a year though. On stock turbo I didn't feel I needed it and don't think it would have been worth it. On the bigger turbo it definitely helped, but it comes with some epic vibrations and noise. I happen to love the added noise and vibrations as it makes you feel like you are solidly connected to the car, hard to explain but I enjoy it. If it were my daily and there were no real need to then I personally wouldn't bother.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I have the CPE stage 2 RMM and TTR side mounts.
If your favorite thing about the car is turning on the A/C and having a smooth quiet car... don't get side mounts.
My fiance loves the A/C and it is now the bane of my existence.

The mounts are great though for car feel, wheel hop, and cornering. I don't regret the install at all.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
1 more thing...
A stress bar on the front end (Connects the control arms together) actually reduced the vibrations in my car.
I would suggest the Fswerks one or make your own. I made one that looks identical to the Fswerks and it's great.

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
I have the CPE stage 2 RMM and TTR side mounts.
If your favorite thing about the car is turning on the A/C and having a smooth quiet car... don't get side mounts.
My fiance loves the A/C and it is now the bane of my existence.

The mounts are great though for car feel, wheel hop, and cornering. I don't regret the install at all.
If your moving you can't really feel it. If your in stop and go traffic I can see your point.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 more thing...
A stress bar on the front end (Connects the control arms together) actually reduced the vibrations in my car.
I would suggest the Fswerks one or make your own. I made one that looks identical to the Fswerks and it's great.
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the purpose of the lower bar?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dollar for dollar the best thing you can do for the car. I?ve experimented with different brands and Damond Motorsports makes the best (in my opinion) passenger and driver side mounts that stiffen everything up just enough to give you only mild NVH. Like mentioned earlier in the thread I am also running a lower traction bar that reduced NVH a good amount.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the Damond motorsports psmm drivers trans mount cobb rmm and power flex small rmm bushing. The motor doesn't move . I think with having them all solid i get factory nvh. But Damond motorsports is the best product I've had.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the Damond motorsports psmm drivers trans mount cobb rmm and power flex small rmm bushing. The motor doesn't move . I think with having them all solid i get factory nvh. But Damond motorsports is the best product I've had.
I'm a little confused, you have the Cobb RMM AND the Powerflex Bushing? Does Powerflex make an insert that replaces the cobb one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts