Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every morning on my way to work I grab a coffee anyway when I pull up to dunks I leave car on and take key fob. After I get out my car beeps at me it's annoying to me is there a way to shut off the lock beep and have it silent with just light flash of something?

·
Registered
744 Posts
So every morning on my way to work I grab a coffee anyway when I pull up to dunks I leave car on and take key fob. After I get out my car beeps at me it's annoying to me is there a way to shut off the lock beep and have it silent with just light flash of something?
Are you talking about the double honk? If so, yes, there is. Or are you talking about the noise the car makes while it's on and the keyfob is missing?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I need something I don't own obd II anyone have things needed to perform this u can mail to me and I will return with a crisp 20$ bill if it will shut it off for good

·
Registered
439 Posts
You could:

1) turn off the car

2) half shut door i.e. first latch

Simples. Take your pick.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could:

1) turn off the car

2) half shut door i.e. first latch

Simples. Take your pick.
No I would rather do it for good it's a shame there is no quick mode on radio ect to fix this

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
As said in a previous post, if you take your keys and put them on the roof edge near your door handle, it wont honk. Its a painfully stupid feature, with no easy way to stop it. You can blame people that walk away or into their house while their cars are still running for this "safety feature". Like someones not going to hear our lifter knock the whole time lol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just an fyi, after the hatch recall my car no longer does the double honk when I leave it running and take the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I am positive they snuck that recall in last time my car was in for a service & I definitely still have this honking problem too.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My car went in for the recall today, double honk is still there but it's a faster honk now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
My car went in for the recall today, double honk is still there but it's a faster honk now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Then I don't know why but since it's been done I've had no double honk. Maybe I disconnected my horn on accident lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Are you talking about the double honk? If so, yes, there is. Or are you talking about the noise the car makes while it's on and the keyfob is missing?
This. End of thread lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts