Ford Focus ST Forum banner
861 - 880 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Footage of my fastest raw time from day one of the National Tour in Las Vegas. While I did clip a cone in one of the slaloms, this video goes to show that tighter line = faster time, something that I want to continue to improve moving forward.
But I want to see the Day 2 spin!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
2022 Las Vegas National Tour

The winner...

2nd place (mistakes were made)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Wow man! Great runs! Pepper took 1st AND 2nd!! Gotta hand it to your co'driver man... Those tires were really talking about 'the zone' for quite a bit of his run. I got amped to go race just watching, LOL. New plugs and compression test today, so I'm feeling pretty good about the next chance to get on track.

Oh, and I feel bad about how hard you were pushing into that 2nd slalom... I would have cursed, 😅

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
  • Haha

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My attempt at redemption for my ok ish performance at the National Tour in Vegas. Ended up taking the W along with a clean sweep for the spring series in STH. Also managed 5th overall PAX for the morning session. Overall pleased considering I forgot to pack my go pro suction cup mount, along with my Schroth harness...:cautious:

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Incredible day, great weather, bad results, broke something with the steering. Had the 19's with street tires. Good warm up, can't believe how many people i had gotten to know from last season:)

2nd in STH after three runs, oversteered real bad on a gradual 180 turnaround, basically just practiced left foot braking the rest of the day.

6 of 7 STH, 62 of 111 PAX, 70 Raw.........FoSTys that were there....
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

My 2nd autox yesterday. PCA event so it was geared toward Porsche and literally everything else lumped into another group. I was competing against full track built Zo6 Vettes on slicks and all sorts of other whatnot.
Here was my self classed competition. Also had a mazda6 and a mazda 3 there but I didn't really count them. My main goal was beung faster than the Veloster. He had lots of experience before so it was gonna be a challenge.
My first run I oversteered a corner hard and wiped out about 4 cones, had to back up to make sure I didn't keep any!
Rectangle Font Handwriting Material property Parallel

10th in "Other" class and 15th overall.
Ended up being faster then the velostet by a few seconds so that kinda made my day.

Here's some pics from my first event I forgot to post too
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Everything you've heard about Crows Landing is true. Fantastic grip, better than Las Vegas or Lincoln! And great California weather this time of year.

Peak speeds for us were 63 mph on Saturday (touching the rev limiter) and 70 mph on Sunday (requiring 2 shifts to third gear). Video camera and my tablet/Solostorm weren't cooperating, so I'm hoping I at least have video of Sunday's runs.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Speaking of shifts, how do you all handle yours? Upshifts I can do quite quickly, downshifts are a bit different though.
Any tips on heel-toe in the ST? I wear a size 13 sho so it's a bit difficult. Haha
I don't have any "driving shoes" so I've been using my worn trail shoes. Bottoms are relatively flat from the miles I've walked in them.
Merrell Bare Acess XTR.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Speaking of shifts, how do you all handle yours?
I generally don't heel & toe for downshifts. Just ease out the clutch to avoid the upsetting lurch. Or time it so I'm getting onto the throttle as the clutch comes out.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Speaking of shifts, how do you all handle yours? Upshifts I can do quite quickly, downshifts are a bit different though.
Any tips on heel-toe in the ST? I wear a size 13 sho so it's a bit difficult. Haha
I don't have any "driving shoes" so I've been using my worn trail shoes. Bottoms are relatively flat from the miles I've walked in them.
Merrell Bare Acess XTR.
narrow shoes with a very thin mid-soles help with feeling. It takes some practice and with a big foot, you really only need to pivot a tad bit to blip the throttle as your big toe will be enough to cover the brake. Kind of hard to explain, but when you try it out it will make more sense.

Reactions: gemery and Skykri

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Merrell Bare Acess XTR.
13's?......impressive. Try some left foot braking, really tough to get comfortable with. My region sets the coarse so you mostly just stay in 2nd gear the whole time, so not much shifting going on.

I broke my car worse than I thought:oops:

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
13's?......impressive. Try some left foot braking, really tough to get comfortable with. My region sets the coarse so you mostly just stay in 2nd gear the whole time, so not much shifting going on.

I broke my car worse than I thought:oops:
Yeah, family thing I guess. Lol
A lot of the Porsche guys there had autos or DSGs so they didn't really care. One of the main course designers from the Blue ridge region was there and mentioned to me that this particular course designer was a little on the wacky side.
The Blue ridge region courses are usually all 2nd gear for me as well.

Whatcha break?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe R red14st2

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
And back to the wet at Portland International Raceway on Saturday and Sunday with slightly stiffer springs.

861 - 880 of 885 Posts