Ford Focus ST Forum banner
841 - 860 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Some Saturday shenanigans. Lost by 2 tenths to another up and coming local STH driver who I've been battling with/ coaching since the beginning of the year.
I'm in winter hibernation mode, so jealous of both your outing and that you have competition!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Final event for 2021 and managed the W by a fair margin to secure the overall series in points.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
1st event for 2022, new year, new driving style (left foot braking). Not a bad outcome, but I hope to get a little faster as I get more accustomed to it. Good enough for 1st in STH and 17th PAX.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
1st event for 2022, new year, new driving style (left foot braking). Not a bad outcome, but I hope to get a little faster as I get more accustomed to it. Good enough for 1st in STH and 17th PAX.
Doesn't look like it is slowing you down, so I expect you to get faster as you get used to left foot braking. Definitely can see you being tentative right now while the foot becomes calibrated.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Doesn't look like it is slowing you down, so I expect you to get faster as you get used to left foot braking. Definitely can see you being tentative right now while the foot becomes calibrated.
Definitely tentative. One thing I learned today was I was over slowing in some sections when I could have braked much later than I did. At least I have a good gauge on where I need to be so hopefully the improvements will continue.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts

Awesome!

Nice win! A few people recomended I learn left foot braking, got it down pretty good. When I went back to normal, kept crushing the brakes lol Don't know if I have the guts to try it when it counts!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Awesome!

Nice win! A few people recomended I learn left foot braking, got it down pretty good. When I went back to normal, kept crushing the brakes lol Don't know if I have the guts to try it when it counts!
I use it from time to time to catch the car if it gets a little upset, but this was the first time I relied solely on it. I never realized how well the car slowed down until today.

Reactions: Joe R red14st2

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Another fun day of autox and I felt a lot more confident with left foot braking than my previous outing. Ended up somewhere in the 20s overall PAX, and 1st in STH by a solid margin. The Kumho V730's are pretty awesome as @gemery reported somewhere on here.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Another fun day of autox and I felt a lot more confident with left foot braking than my previous outing. Ended up somewhere in the 20s overall PAX, and 1st in STH by a solid margin. The Kumho V730's are pretty awesome as @gemery reported somewhere on here.
No braking hesitancy! A couple double turn-ins, but fewer than last time.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Sorry about the camera tilt... still getting used to the new camera location. 45F and wet meant the slow spots were s-l-o-w and you'll notice I never used full throttle. Still, I was impressed the half-worn Yokohama A-052s wouldn't hydroplane in the puddles until above 40 mph.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Saturday's trials & tribulations on a short tight course, yet good enough for 5th in PAX and 5th raw time overall of 75 entries. Max speed was 53 mph entering & exiting the slalom.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Saturday's trials & tribulations on a short tight course, yet good enough for 5th in PAX and 5th raw time overall of 75 entries. Max speed was 53 mph entering & exiting the slalom.

Your car looks like its behaving how mine was when I was experimenting with spring rates/ sway bar settings.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Challenging pinchy course today. I struggled a bit and would have liked to go faster in 3 runs instead of my 5th that I wouldnt have at a national tour. Managed to take the W again in STH and was 5th out of 72 overall PAX for the morning session.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Challenging pinchy course today.
Nice! Though some spots were tight, it had some of my favorite elements: offset gates that don't make a slalom, so you have to modulate the throttle & brake.

I see by your notes you increased front spring rate for the Kumhos? I've been thinking about increasing both front & rear spring rate as I want less body roll now that the front sway bar is smaller. Won't change it until May, though, because I don't want to screw things up right when I'm otherwise feeling comfortable and big events are coming up.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice! Though some spots were tight, it had some of my favorite elements: offset gates that don't make a slalom, so you have to modulate the throttle & brake.

I see by your notes you increased front spring rate for the Kumhos? I've been thinking about increasing both front & rear spring rate as I want less body roll now that the front sway bar is smaller. Won't change it until May, though, because I don't want to screw things up right when I'm otherwise feeling comfortable and big events are coming up.
Still on the 11k/14k. My left foot got a workout today that's for sure lol.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I thought it was 10k/14k.
It was at one point. I dont remember when I swapped in the 11k's. It might have been shortly after shaftworks rebuilt my dampers. I'm terrible at documenting suspension changes since I've had the suspension out more times than a normal person would have. The suspension on this car is almost as easy as an oil change for me.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
2022 Vegas National Tour

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Footage of my fastest raw time from day one of the National Tour in Las Vegas. While I did clip a cone in one of the slaloms, this video goes to show that tighter line = faster time, something that I want to continue to improve moving forward.

841 - 860 of 885 Posts