Ford Focus ST Forum banner

761 - 780 of 785 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yesterday's local event running on the not too bad Nexen NFERA SUR4G'S. 11th PAX out of 100 and 2nd in class (lost by 3 hundredths).

It was nice to not have to swap wheels out before and after an event, but even better that this was the first event that I got to take my oldest daughter on a ride along.

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
838 Posts
Batteries only lasted through the 5th run (technically 6th run because I stopped for downed cones on prior run) and we had 9 official runs (10 runs including the rerun). Season wrap for me, with 393 runs this calendar year and 2 season championships!

Reactions: freakin_elrod

·
Registered
156 Posts
The final run of the season. Still have an HPDE to go next weekend though.

Also, the first time I designed a course. All the comments I overheard were people really happy with the course, so that was good.

I've been thinking about trading the car in for a Cayman this winter. The values are really strong in my area, as in I'm not or barely underwater on a trade-in. It'll be hard to let this car go, I feel like it may turn into the one I let go too soon.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ready for a run.
I need to follow your lead and tape those areas on Pepper. Sure glad I don't have a white car to protect!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Another day of parking lot monkey hooning

·
Registered
824 Posts
Last event of the season for the Phx region. 1st in STH and just out of top 10 PAX.

·
Registered
824 Posts
1st event for 2020 and this time on Rival S 1.5s instead of RE71Rs. 1st in STH and 17th PAX overall out of 131.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Another fun day of playing parking lot monkey.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Cold and dampish Saturday at PIR, pic by Jennifer Keller. Sunday was better weather. I had an in-car camera running on Sunday, but haven't been motivated to edit the video yet due to preoccupation with COVID-19 and plans for ProSolos at Las Vegas, Fontana, & Crows Landing. Am registered for all three, but, unless the virus spread slows down, I suspect I won't be attending Crows Landing.

Reactions: freakin_elrod

·
Registered
838 Posts
A couple more pics from 27 June at Packwood.

Normal lift of rear tire, caught at the "apex in space" on a big sweeper.

Best sunlight for showing off the paint. No wheel lift because turn is off camber.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Event #2 in the books, very hot day and lots of runs meant my tires were overheating, my early runs were quicker than my later runs

·
Registered
838 Posts
Codriver Thomas pushing a little wide of turn, WMC event at Volcanoes Stadium in Keizer, OR. Note tire dust from Yokohama A052s followed Pepper everywhere she went like she was Pig Pen.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Codriver Thomas pushing a little wide of turn, WMC event at Volcanoes Stadium in Keizer, OR. Note tire dust from Yokohama A052s followed Pepper everywhere she went like she was Pig Pen.

View attachment 382298

What are your personal thoughts on the A052's on the GS FoST?

·
Registered
838 Posts
What are your personal thoughts on the A052's on the GS FoST?
They wear too fast at full tread depth, maybe that will change as tread depth decreases. Started with 42F/40R pressures (these are 255 pinched onto the 8" rims) and bumped to 44F/40R after first run to get sidewall rollover where I wanted it. Both my codriver and I felt comfortable racing them. My back-to-back testing vs. Bridgestones will happen on Sep 11, so I'm still reserving final judgement.

I do enjoy them as a street tire since, like the PS4S, they don't hum. 39-40 psi all around. Put less than 200 miles on them before the autox and felt no evidence of mold release agent making them slippery. Street wear didn't seem abnormal, either, so I'm tempted to get some in 235/40R18 as its nearly time to replace my PS4S set. Tirerack says they're okay to store/use down to 14F (-10C), which is another plus.

This is how the left tires looked after 15 runs, the outside edges are on the left, rear tire on the left.

761 - 780 of 785 Posts