Ford Focus ST Forum banner

741 - 760 of 785 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Caught with two wheels off the ground on Sunday morning!
The datalogger tells me there was 1.14G peak at that spot. You have to take the number with a grain of salt because it doesn't account for body roll, but it should give any chassis tuners an idea for what the rollover risk might be. And I'm having some thoughts on increasing rear rollbar stiffness & possibly trading off peak G for forward traction.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had camera challenges on Sunday and the first run was the only clean one, so it wasn't worth trying to piece together a video. Serendipity struck, however, when I accidently put the exterior camera in timelapse mode on the second run and it caught this image:

Reactions: RedneckRacer

·
Registered
838 Posts

(stolen from AutocrossTalk.com's new t-shirts)

Reactions: jdw3md

·
Registered
156 Posts
My GoPro decided it didn't want to record to the SD card, but I tried out the tune for my free event with one of the other local clubs. I'm pretty sure it slowed me down as it was 5mph faster pretty much every time I pressed the gas, and I was hunting for the right braking zone all day. Either way, it was still fun though.

·
Registered
838 Posts
43F degrees on Mt. Bachelor. These are the conditions required for my G Street car to set FTD!

(pic by Lynne Aastad)

Reactions: freakin_elrod

·
Registered
823 Posts
1st in STH, 10th overall PAX out of 116

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
211 Posts
For those in the North East, next summer the Canadian Autoslalom Championships will be held at this location, in Summerdide, Prince Edward Island. It might be a long haul for some but the location and event make it worth it. It will be held on August 1st and 2nd with an alternate weekend on Labour Day weekend.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not hearing any wheelspin... are you playing nice with the throttle or did you get an LSD?
Haha great observation! Brian Peters said I was overdriving the car ( I dont think I have ever been told that before) so I modulated the throttle as best as I could. #myfootismylsd lol

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
838 Posts
The wet final 2019 Oregon Region SCCA event. Pic by Lacy Otis.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The most recent event. This was my second best run since I forgot to hit the record button on my first, and best run.

Most who attended agreed that the course was not great. Between the length and pinch points (the second eyebrow at the end was only 4 paces wide), there were 1.2 cones hit per run. Still managed 8th PAX of 120.

·
Registered
838 Posts
From the Sep 15 PCA autox at PIR... did I mention it was wet? Pics by Heinz Holzapfel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Both days from NCAC. Came home second in class, behind Dan Cochran. As the days went on I got much more comfortable on the sealed pavement of Zmax as the days went on.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Siskiyou Spots Car Club's 45th Annual Fall Enduro - 5 laps around the exterior of the track, max speed for me was 73.4 mph at the end of the straight, lowest speed was 24.4 mph at T3.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Siskiyou Spots Car Club's 45th Annual Fall Enduro - 5 laps around the exterior of the track, max speed for me was 73.4 mph at the end of the straight, lowest speed was 24.4 mph at T3.
Looks like you shattered the previous record. Great wheeling!

741 - 760 of 785 Posts