Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first -- here's what I'm looking to achieve with water/meth injection:

1. Valve cleaning.
  2. Less knock with a "Stage 2-3" Stratified tune on 93.
  3. Power gains up top would be nice.

I probably won't ever go 'Big Turbo', but there's always a possibility. As it stands, I don't see myself eclipsing 300HP to the wheels (which I believe is the realistic max for full bolt-ons).

So, with that being said, do y'all think running meth is a good idea?

From the cursory research I've done, I figured I'd go with either the Aquamist HFS-3 WMI or Snow Performance Stage 2 WMI running to a ported Boomba IM Spacer, all paired with a Guardian Angel v3. I'd be using Boost Juice (50/50 water and meth blend), thought I'd assume that's a given.

I'm certainly not married to this configuration, though, and would be open to any suggestions if y'all think it's worthwhile to go down the WMI path.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I ran meth in my other car... most for the first two reasons you posted... power gains wont really happened unless you run 100% which can be dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I was going to reply then saw you said "no, not that kind..."

Just kidding, seriously since you run a Stratified tune I'd highly recommend emailing one of the guys because they have a LOT of experience with meth injection. Since it'll be the tune with them that will be affected you can work things out with them and kill two birds at once

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran meth in my other car... most for the first two reasons you posted... power gains wont really happened unless you run 100% which can be dangerous.
Duly noted - thanks!

Just kidding, seriously since you run a Stratified tune I'd highly recommend emailing one of the guys because they have a LOT of experience with meth injection. Since it'll be the tune with them that will be affected you can work things out with them and kill two birds at once
I always feel bad emailing them stupid questions! I'll drop them a line and see what they think, though - thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
651 Posts

Stratified is most likely going to try to sell you their X4tra Fuel Rail. It's a 4 port intake spacer with everything you need. I believe these run just over $1,400(including injectors), and i'd recommend also getting the guardian angel if you can swing it. It's a great system and I've personally spoke with a few people with this system. It's a clean install, don't have to worry about compaitibility between blocks, management systems, injectors, etc.
Link: STRATIFIED X4tra Fuel System - EcoBoost 2.0L/2.3L [Ecoboost2023_X4tra_Fuel] - $1,450.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

If you want to save a few hundred go with the regular Xtra throttle body kit. STRATIFIED Xtra Fuel System V2 - EcoBoost 2.0L/2.3L [Ecoboost20_Xtra_Fuel] - $900.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

Reactions: brian60

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stratified is most likely going to try to sell you their X4tra Fuel Rail. It's a 4 port intake spacer with everything you need. I believe these run just over $1,400(including injectors), and i'd recommend also getting the guardian angel if you can swing it. It's a great system and I've personally spoke with a few people with this system. It's a clean install, don't have to worry about compaitibility between blocks, management systems, injectors, etc.
Link: STRATIFIED X4tra Fuel System - EcoBoost 2.0L/2.3L [Ecoboost2023_X4tra_Fuel] - $1,450.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

If you want to save a few hundred go with the regular Xtra throttle body kit. STRATIFIED Xtra Fuel System V2 - EcoBoost 2.0L/2.3L [Ecoboost20_Xtra_Fuel] - $900.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls
You think I'd need to go with aux fueling alongside the WMI? I thought aux fueling was only necessary (or recommended, at least) when going BT.

The Guardian Angel will definitely be paired with WMI if I end up going that route.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Duly noted - thanks!

I always feel bad emailing them stupid questions! I'll drop them a line and see what they think, though - thanks for the advice!
When you're protecting your engine, there aren't any questions like this that are stupid my man. Trust me Stratified wants to help and is always happy to!

·
Registered
651 Posts
You think I'd need to go with aux fueling alongside the WMI? I thought aux fueling was only necessary (or recommended, at least) when going BT.

The Guardian Angel will definitely be paired with WMI if I end up going that route.
Run WMI through this.

·
Registered
651 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts