Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I feel like I should have mentioned that all these numbers are in CAD currency.....so it seems much higher than it actually is :p

My 354$ bi-weekly payment equates to 267.56$ USD for you. So just under $270 bi-weekly for the RS.
I even saw the "Canada" as your location and didn't process that. I guess that is definitely better. I pay extra on my ST closer to $500 just to pay it off sooner and it is hard sometimes, but if I could get an RS for that money I totally would, the issue is that I got this car to be able to pay it off in like 2 years lol the RS I would be paying that for a long time. I agree with @Saybo above. Unless you make a lot of money, spending a bunch on a car and getting it drug out to 72 months could leave you paying way longer on a car that isn't worth nearly what you ended up paying. Unless you pay it early.

I intentionally drug my payments out to 72 months in order to get the low payments after speaking with financial assistants I work with because they don't penalize you for paying early. So I got the lowest payments I could and paid double and paid biweekly. Now my car is 48% paid off and I will have owned it for only a year here in 7 days. So I could pay it off probably next June if I do it right..on a loan that was supposed to make my lenders THOUSANDS of dollars...they only made $883 in interest so far. And I even have a high interest rate of 6.84% lol

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I feel like I should have mentioned that all these numbers are in CAD currency.....so it seems much higher than it actually is

My 354$ bi-weekly payment equates to 267.56$ USD for you. So just under $270 bi-weekly for the RS.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I even saw the "Canada" as your location and didn't process that. I guess that is definitely better. I pay extra on my ST closer to $500 just to pay it off sooner and it is hard sometimes, but if I could get an RS for that money I totally would, the issue is that I got this car to be able to pay it off in like 2 years lol the RS I would be paying that for a long time. I agree with @Saybo above. Unless you make a lot of money, spending a bunch on a car and getting it drug out to 72 months could leave you paying way longer on a car that isn't worth nearly what you ended up paying. Unless you pay it early.

I intentionally drug my payments out to 72 months in order to get the low payments after speaking with financial assistants I work with because they don't penalize you for paying early. So I got the lowest payments I could and paid double and paid biweekly. Now my car is 48% paid off and I will have owned it for only a year here in 7 days. So I could pay it off probably next June if I do it right..on a loan that was supposed to make my lenders THOUSANDS of dollars...they only made $883 in interest so far. And I even have a high interest rate of 6.84% lol
That's the other thing though....they offered this car to me at an interest rate of 0% which they said they almost NEVER do for the RS.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
That's the other thing though....they offered this car to me at an interest rate of 0% which they said they almost NEVER do for the RS.
Oh..in that case the 0% apr is one of the best deals available for the ST/RS and I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
It really baffles me how people say 40k is too much for an RS but are so quick to praise an STI/EVO which are priced nearly identically and performance wise the RS is a nicer car. Interior wise the RS is a nicer car. Is it expensive? Sure, relatively. But you get an awesome performance car for that. I think there is A LOT of jealousy around these rs debate threads lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
It really baffles me how people say 40k is too much for an RS but are so quick to praise an STI/EVO which are priced nearly identically and performance wise the RS is a nicer car. Interior wise the RS is a nicer car. Is it expensive? Sure, relatively. But you get an awesome performance car for that. I think there is A LOT of jealousy around these rs debate threads lol

I'm certainly not included in that "40k is too much" because I acknowledge how supply vs demand works, and that the closest competitors...who have LESS features and technology than the RS (not being a fanboy...it's obviously true) are priced about the same.

People also forget that the MSRP price of our car new is 32k...we just get rebates often and get them for 2xk you have to acknowledge that it's only 8k more for a lot more power and advanced AWD and what not. It's not as bad as people think. Edit: For the ST3/402a package. For a base model it's 25k/36k respectively for ST/RS

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I'm certainly not included in that "40k is too much" because I acknowledge how supply vs demand works, and that the closest competitors...who have LESS features and technology than the RS (not being a fanboy...it's obviously true) are priced about the same.

People also forget that the MSRP price of our car new is 32k...we just get rebates often and get them for 2xk you have to acknowledge that it's only 8k more for a lot more power and advanced AWD and what not. It's not as bad as people think. Edit: For the ST3/402a package. For a base model it's 25k/36k respectively for ST/RS
For sure. People act like it's a SUCH a big deal for a focus to be priced the way an RS is. Welp what about an Impreza or lancer? Haha.

The cars are extremely capable and it really makes me cringe when I see people saying no way will I pay 40k for a focus. I am not a fanboy either I swear hahaha

·
Registered
58 Posts
please name the nicer car at 40K???
For 40k get something nicer, focus is nice but it's not 40k nice

Sent from my SM
Think about the way an Audi holds it's value vs a focus.. cars aren't always about monthly payments or total value. A car is a sum of all parts, I personally don't feel the quality is there and have a few gripes. Having said that I love my focus st, and an RS is a dream, I'd love one, but I couldn't justify it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
For 40k get something nicer, focus is nice but it's not 40k nice

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
In the 40K range A LOT of cars become viable especially if you are comfortable buying used or even CPO. Hell I have been seeing a few base 997.1 Porsches going for around 40K. Granted, your finance terms won't be as competitive but money is still pretty cheap lately.

I guess if you really want a new car with a fresh warranty and love the hot hatch space then yes, the RS is the choice. Otherwise, it is whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Yeah you can find a lot of heavily used cooler cars for that. Depends what you want. If we talking new cars, rs is awesome.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
It's not like you aren't getting a lot of car for 40k lol people think the Focus ST is a bargain for the performance you get for the price, suddenly the RS is the opposite at only 10k more?

To decide if it is worth 40k seriously sit down and brainstorm this: "What do I want in the perfect performance car for myself?" And list everything off. Then look at what all options fill those requirements. If you said Interior, seats, drivetrain (probably AWD or RWD), exterior looks (hatch, certain colors, not a Honda), certain safety features, weight, etc. Then you fill in the blanks. The RS does well in all those categories lol.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Financially... terrible idea. 6 years to pay off a car.. DAM.

I think you are aiming at wrong end of spectrum... Honda Fit may be better budget... fit.
Not bad getting a free loan to have fun for at least the next 6 years. It's all a matter of how you look at things.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
while it is a really good car, especially as a daily, I just cant see spending that kind of money on a new one.

there can be so much car had for the same or less by buying slightly used. maybe I'll consider it when I find one like the ST I bought that was a little over a year old and over 1/3 off of the sticker price, or my Lincoln which was 4 years old and less than 1/3 of its sticker price.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
0% rarely is.. in their mind 0.15% or more they claim is 0%. You know the $16 for every thousand in the fine print.

That's still $60/mon in interest - hardly free. Or more once they roll old 10K into the 40K.. now you have yourself a nice $50K car.. that's worth.. 30K.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts