Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have made a few trips to a few different dealerships to see about trading my '13 focus ST in for a '17 RS...

Shall I take the plunge or is it a waste of money? (I still have 2 years left of payments on my ST ~ approx 13,000$ - They offered to pay it outright for me and finance a 2017 RS for me for @0% for 72 months).
The ST has 108,000KM on it, only like 1500$ in modifications and runs perfectly. (Needs new tires soon that's about it).

I'm having a really really tough time deciding whether I want to go ahead with this trade in or not :(

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Do it

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you can afford the payment, why not? I wish they'd offer 0% on the RS here in the states.

Reactions: 909cobra

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
For 40k get something nicer, focus is nice but it's not 40k nice

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Not too many hot hatches nicer than the RS. Every time I look for something nicer than my big turbo ST with similar performance I'm in the 60k range.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have money to burn go for it. Do I think it is worth a penny over retail, hell no. If you can afford it I would just start looking into the higher end cars. Better overall quality cars and post purchase customer care. Stopping at that.

If you make the plunge for an RS, suggest looking into an agreed valuation for insurance especially if you choose to eat adm pricing.

72 month loan even at 0% will still put you upside down quickly if not dumping in a good chunk for down payment. Is that offered through Ford credit?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nitrous Blue please. I saw two in the wild today! I saw the blue one from half a mile a away. The white one from head on looked like a regular focus, but the guy was giving me a peace sign for my ST, so I looked twice. Just my opinion. I will assume the RS is affordable if you are posting this.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Have made a few trips to a few different dealerships to see about trading my '13 focus ST in for a '17 RS...

Shall I take the plunge or is it a waste of money? (I still have 2 years left of payments on my ST ~ approx 13,000$ - They offered to pay it outright for me and finance a 2017 RS for me for @0% for 72 months).
The ST has 108,000KM on it, only like 1500$ in modifications and runs perfectly. (Needs new tires soon that's about it).

I'm having a really really tough time deciding whether I want to go ahead with this trade in or not :(
yes that sounds like a pretty good deal to me!!!
I'd trade my '16 ST2 in on one if they gave me for trade in what I owed on it which would never happen since i put 0 down.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do not take a 72 month loan. Try to get 60 at the most. Cars are a depreciating asset. 72 months is way too long to sit on a car for. Even though the 72 months might get you a lower per month payment you are there to purchase a car, not purchase a payment.

Reactions: darksurfer81

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nitrous Blue please. I saw two in the wild today! I saw the blue one from half a mile a away. The white one from head on looked like a regular focus, but the guy was giving me a peace sign for my ST, so I looked twice. Just my opinion. I will assume the RS is affordable if you are posting this.
This is a black one I've been looking at...they do have a blue one in stock but it's an extra 1,000$ +

·
Super Moderator
10,043 Posts
They are going to pay off your $13,000.00, that's good, but how much are they going to value the ST in trade? Are they going to roll a negative balance into the new loan?

Reactions: ST_Fan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are going to pay off your $13,000.00, that's good, but how much are they going to value the ST in trade? Are they going to roll a negative balance into the new loan?
They actually offered me 12,500$ for the car which APPARENTLY is 14,200$ because of *tax savings* on the RS....So in actuality that remaining 500$ will transfer over to the new vehicle increasing my payment from 350.60$ to 354$ bi weekly...
So roughly a 3.5$ increase on my payments.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
They actually offered me 12,500$ for the car which APPARENTLY is 14,200$ because of *tax savings* on the RS....So in actuality that remaining 500$ will transfer over to the new vehicle increasing my payment from 350.60$ to 354$ bi weekly...
So roughly a 3.5$ increase on my payments.
I noticed that little "bi weekly" in there....o-u-c-h. That's as much as my technical payment is...a month...for my ST. I couldn't imagine paying that much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed that little "bi weekly" in there....o-u-c-h. That's as much as my technical payment is...a month...for my ST. I couldn't imagine paying that much.
I feel like I should have mentioned that all these numbers are in CAD currency.....so it seems much higher than it actually is :p

My 354$ bi-weekly payment equates to 267.56$ USD for you. So just under $270 bi-weekly for the RS.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts