Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving a new 2017 civic SI, I really my shifts shorter in the ST. The Si comes with very short throws and it feels great. What's the better option for the ST, plate or shifter? As far as shift knobs, are there any knobs that are completely round and small? I know there are a couple round knobs, but they seem huge.

·
Registered
440 Posts
After driving a new 2017 civic SI, I really my shifts shorter in the ST. The Si comes with very short throws and it feels great. What's the better option for the ST, plate or shifter? As far as shift knobs, are there any knobs that are completely round and small? I know there are a couple round knobs, but they seem huge.
I've been looking, and researching this exact question, decided to go with the short shift arm from JBR.

There are several different shift plates that I've looked at, and the main attraction, in my opinion, is ease of install.

Doesn't matter if you buy the unit from Cobb, Steeda or Boomba they all work and install basically the same.

Replacing the shift arm, in my opinion, is the better way to go. The JBR unit is priced nicely at $90, and allows up to a 40% reduction in shift throw.

I can give a post install review in a couple days... mine will be delivered tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts