Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone or @MFactory / @[email protected] has any good recommendations on where to take my FoST for an MFactory limited slip differential install. I don't have the time to do it myself, and getting stuck in the driveway this past weekend after a snow storm was the last straw! Even on dry pavement, coming from a WRX, I'm surprised by how much the car searches for traction. If the ST had a mechanical LSD out of the factory, that would have been such an improvement.

I'm hesitant to go to any economy-transmission chain, and it seems all the specialty shops in my area are for Subarus, but I've read Ford dealers typically don't have techs with the skill level and knowledge to do this install?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I would really think that any reputable transmission shop could handle it, when you get down to it a fwd trans is a fwd trans.
I can see not wanting to take it to a Subaru shop that just works on Subi stuff though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can always ship it to our install facility in Southern California. I know this is not always the easiest of options but, minimizes the risk of a bad install.
I'll keep hunting around for a locsl place that doesn't have a plethora of horror stories on Yelp. Thanks though, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Will do! Is the install of the MFactory LSD the exact same as the Quaife? I'm thinking I can use the install kit for the Quaife for the MFactory too. (http://www.levittownfordparts.com/mobile/ford-racing-focus-differential-torque-biasing-installation-p-4243.html)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talk to Rally Sport Direct. I don't believe they do customer installs but should be able to make some good recommendations.

Sent from another garage.
Rally Sport Direct came through, advised I try Despain Automotive. Reached out to them and they have done this exact install on Focus ST's before, so this has been solved. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm also looking at doing an LSD install the near future and I'm looking for a shop that can do it Las Vegas. If guys can recommend\know one, please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts