Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced all 4 tires on my 2014. I have approximately 56k miles on the odometer and I would say 45k of those are highway commute miles (I drive 90 miles each way to work now).

Anyway, I just put 4 new Falken pro g4 a/s on because I need new tires for inspection and discount tires didnt have anything else. They have mixed reviews and what I did notice right away was that the ST felt like it was floating or bouncing at first. The morning after I got the tires, I noticed that while cruising at around 55 mph the right front tire was shaking like crazy. If I speed up past 55 to mid to high 60's, the shake is not as pronounced but still slightly visible.

So my question to yall, is Do yall think this a tire OR a hardware problem, and how can I figure it out?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sounds like the tires were not balanced properly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A. Bad tire somehow... (unlikely)
B. Check the lugs, make sure they are all torq'd down and not loose. You can do this yourself easy.
C. They didn't get balanced right

Either way, it was likely the shops fault so you should be able to get this corrected for free if you take it back.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
rebalance for sure. Do you even balance shop bros?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I took it back to Discount tire and when they balanced the front passenger wheel they showed me a nice bend on the inside of the wheel from hitting a pothole Im guessing. So I walked out having ordered the Voxx MGA 5 spoke's, gonna be atleast 5 days till Discount gets them but I have a week off next week.

·
Registered
738 Posts
bring it back.....needs to be rebalanced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts