Ford Focus ST Forum banner
161 - 180 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
It feels better to me, but I don't have a short shifter or anything that would increase the effort to the point I need a lot heavier. The titanium knobs are gorgeous, it just gets way to hot here for it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
It feels better to me, but I don't have a short shifter or anything that would increase the effort to the point I need a lot heavier. The titanium knobs are gorgeous, it just gets way to hot here for it.

I think I'm just gonna have to deal with it. I have tough hands lol it will probably only be right around 100 here in VA anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome. I'm at school anyways

I was hoping to get heavier, that's why I'm gonna get the titanium. Want the smoother shifts and good feel.

The copolymer is lighter but feels more sturdy.
The halfnhalf pokeball (copolymer/titanium) is slightly heavier and rock solid.
I use this shift knob cover for the summer and winter to keep gengar warm or cool lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts

The copolymer is lighter but feels more sturdy.
The halfnhalf pokeball (copolymer/titanium) is slightly heavier and rock solid.
I use this shift knob cover for the summer and winter to keep gengar warm or cool lol.

Hahahaha cool! How much was yours if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
73 Posts
No, its a finish over the metal surface. The rings are separate. I got two at the bottom in case the knob ever got slippery or if it rains and my hands are wet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The rings are essential an engraving around the bottom of the shift knob for grip. Bead blasting is on the metal part instead of having the polished look. It makes it look matte.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Yes bead blasting is simply shooting tiny glass beads (similar to sand blasting) against the metal surface. This makes it looks satin and smooth rather than the brushed look which is shinier and has a grain appearance to the metal. Bead blasting cannot be combined with the flame coloring options, the flame colors can only be done to the brushed finish.

The grooves on the bottom are cut on the lathe and they add grip and change the look of the knob.

I'll be releasing the Titanium Piston for the Focus ST / Fiesta ST / 2015+ Mustang shortly!

ALSO, I've adjusted the design of the knobs for the future. I am making the hole slightly less deep so the knob will work fine on the stock shifter AND the Boomba aftermarket shifter. It will not affect usability, it'll match the stock knob so it can work on both shifters. (Knobs that are engraved have even more height adjustment using the internal screw)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
@WC LATHEWERKS I saw what looked to be the start of a copper shiftknob on instagram earlier. Whats the details on that???
It's a custom order for a copper sphere and copper Subaru STi reverse ring. I'll post pics when I make it (might make it tonight).

Also, here's a brand new knob for you guys:

WC Lathe Werks - FOCUS ST Ti Piston

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Hey guys, here are some of my latest SUPER custom parts.
For these pieces, a customer wanted some made from solid copper. I never worked with it before so I bought a foot of copper and made some Subaru STi shifter pieces. I could easily make a solid copper knob for the Focus ST as well.

Then I had someone ask me to modify this piece to fit his car. It looks like a rifle suppressor (aka silencer) and this could be made for other cars as well.

This latest one was an idea of a customer to make a Honda Type-R shaped knob and add a bunch of holes through it at different angles. It looks pretty darn cool but took a very long time to make.

161 - 180 of 241 Posts