Ford Focus ST Forum banner
141 - 160 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys. Picked up one of your spheres in stainless steel. Love it, but ever since I've installed the Boomba shifter arm, there isn't enough room to pull up to get into reverse. So...I can't get in to reverse at all haha. Bit of an issue! You ever heard of this? I know your knobs were made for the stock gear arm, so all good. Just not sure why Boomba would have gone with a longer thread on theirs!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I assume There is an adjustment Allen screw on the inside of the knob just back it out or screw it in further to raise or lower the knob a bit so the reverse lock out can engage. I had this issue with m y boomba SS with another knob.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmmm. Not that I can see. Doesn't look like this one adjusts!

It's this knob: WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
Mine came with a set screw (socket jam nut like this: https://www.fastenal.com/products/f..."|~ ~|categoryl3:"604257 Socket Jam Screws"|~ except the correct size for the threading) inside of it and an allen wrench to adjust it with. If you cannot get one of those or no longer have it with the knob you can use blue loctite to set it at the correct height.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mine also came with the adjustment nut. Maybe you don't get one unless your knob has an engraving?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine didn't have an engraving, which is apparently what I needed to have to get the adjustable nut. I've been speaking to Chris at WC.

He was super helpful. I just wedged a couple of pieces of cardboard inside to raise the height. Presto. All good now! MacGyver style :)

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Hey guys. Picked up one of your spheres in stainless steel. Love it, but ever since I've installed the Boomba shifter arm, there isn't enough room to pull up to get into reverse. So...I can't get in to reverse at all haha. Bit of an issue! You ever heard of this? I know your knobs were made for the stock gear arm, so all good. Just not sure why Boomba would have gone with a longer thread on theirs!!!
ill tell you what ive done in the past.. I have taken a single bb, for a bb gun, and placed it on the shifter and put the knob over top of it. DONE. It's super easy to do and super easy to undo unlike some of the things you could shove up into the knob. Ive put stuff up into the knob before and not been able to get them out. With this you just unscrew it again and catch the bb and all is back to untouched.

Reactions: ConST

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes totally just ordered the pokeball shift knob. I ordered it in blue instead of red. With a titanium base. Gengar engraved on the top. Too excited. Will post pics once it arrives.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
368 Posts
^ Gorgeous shift knob! I love that it looks like a Great Ball, too.

I'm pretty much sold on these high quality knobs, I just now have to justify and be comfortable with spending ~ $160.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have a scale, but the copoloymer (holding it in your hand) feels to be about the same weight. When its on the car though it feels much more substantial. It doesn't have the squishiness of the stock one and you feel a few more vibes through it. I love it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't have a scale, but the copoloymer (holding it in your hand) feels to be about the same weight. When its on the car though it feels much more substantial. It doesn't have the squishiness of the stock one and you feel a few more vibes through it. I love it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I was hoping to get heavier, that's why I'm gonna get the titanium. Want the smoother shifts and good feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 241 Posts