Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had a bad day trying to install bushings, Redline shift boot, and this knob.

Redline boot doesn't fit right and broke the silver plastic reverse lock trim piece trying to jam it on. Boot is too thick.

Then after being frustrated managed to drop my titanium shift knob that just arrived that day and messed it up.

So that one episode cost me a 100 shift boot, 200 dollar knob, and had to order new shift boot assembly from ford for $60. Just not my day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I absolutely love my shift knob just picked it up in the mail box and put it on right away amazing quality and looks and feels great in your hand I couldn't be happier at all would high recommend this to anybody out there wanting something to set off your interior like no other that's 100% made just for you!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Center console

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My WC Lathe Werks Elite VP Sphere. Specs are black, copolymer top with satin finish, bead blasted, stainless bottom, narrow groves around the entire knob, and shift pattern engraving filled in with red paint.

I know these things are expensive, but here's my thought process. IMO, the shift knob is both literally and figuratively the center piece in our cars. Plus, besides the steering wheel, it the most touched component. SO... why go cheap? Anyways, that's probably just me trying to justify a $182 shift knob, but I love this thing. Had it for over a year and it looks brand new.

Car Vehicle Family car Auto part Subcompact car

Gear shift Car Vehicle Center console Family car

More pics here... http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...s-oxford-white-build-thread-4.html#post400060

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
No, I can only color the brushed finish. Once it gets bead blasted it doesn't color well
what about with heat? ti will blue nicely if you can heat it properly

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I do color them with heat. The process only gives a nice result when the metal is brushed so I can properly clean it. The bead blasting changes the finish and makes the colors look odd.

10/4

·
Registered
381 Posts
Elite VP Sphere!

Gear shift Vehicle Car Center console Mid-size car

Reactions: Ryan34

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Reactions: ant89

·
Registered
717 Posts
That knob is incredibly sexy. I would totally get one if not for the only 200-something grams it weighs(I realize that's an unpreventable drawback to the hybrid of materials used).

·
Registered
717 Posts
I ordered a leather wrapped piston knob. Can't wait.

Reactions: Ninja93JAK

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes totally just ordered the pokeball shift knob. I ordered it in blue instead of red. With a titanium base. Gengar engraved on the top. Too excited. Will post pics once it arrives.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I didn't know you could get a leather cover for them. Is the leather wrap like a removable sock, or is it firmly in place?
The leather isn't really a cover. It's a band of fabric that is 1" wide and goes around the center of the piston knob.

Not that I've seen. I'd still love to know!
What is the question?

Guys, here's a review on the Stainless Sphere for the 2015 Mustang (it's the same basic knob for the Focus ST)

WC Lathewerks Custom Stainless Steel Shift Knob Review | Slanted

121 - 140 of 241 Posts