Ford Focus ST Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Really love is white one.... i wonder if i would do black numbering though. very cool.... does this not have as much of the advantage of the heavier shifter? like the steel ones?
I guess it really depends on your preference. I would like a heavier knob, but I've been using this one for over a year because I just love the look of it. I have the breedt shift arm and am completely fine using this knob. I guess you will only know once you've shifted with a heavier one. And yes you can get black lettering on this knob

·
Registered
154 Posts
I guess it really depends on your preference. I would like a heavier knob, but I've been using this one for over a year because I just love the look of it. I have the breedt shift arm and am completely fine using this knob. I guess you will only know once you've shifted with a heavier one. And yes you can get black lettering on this knob
SOunds good. thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Really love is white one.... i wonder if i would do black numbering though. very cool.... does this not have as much of the advantage of the heavier shifter? like the steel ones?
There's also the Elite VP option where the knob is stainless on the bottom half (for extra weight) and copolymer on the top half (for comfort in extreme temps, color options, and paintable engravings)

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's also the Elite VP option where the knob is stainless on the bottom half (for extra weight) and copolymer on the top half (for comfort in extreme temps, color options, and paintable engravings)
ok thanks. that might be the one for me then. i will try to find some pics of the one your mentioning.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
im tired of waiting on boomba to use white delrin instead of black delrin... instead they've decided it was more cost effective to re-engineer the entire knob adding some crazy plug in the top and a collar on the bottom... rather than just putting a different color delrin in the cnc and taking an extra .02 seconds longer to create a white knob, they have drug it out for a couple months now with production. Im more than likely going to order me a wc knob in my flavor and call it a day.

·
Registered
541 Posts
im tired of waiting on boomba to use white delrin instead of black delrin... instead they've decided it was more cost effective to re-engineer the entire knob adding some crazy plug in the top and a collar on the bottom... rather than just putting a different color delrin in the cnc and taking an extra .02 seconds longer to create a white knob, they have drug it out for a couple months now with production. Im more than likely going to order me a wc knob in my flavor and call it a day.
Great idea. You will have it before Boomba finishes thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Great idea. You will have it before Boomba finishes thinking.

Ain't that the truth. Lol

Reactions: DiehardMetsFan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Chris,

Have you ever worked with tungsten? Would it be possible for you to make a super heavy one out of W? I ask because I use tungsten bucking bars when when driving solid rivets on airplanes and that stuff is super heavy. I know the cost would be pretty high and tungsten is a royal pain in the rear to work. I just want to know if it would be possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
shipping costs to UK?
The option for "International First Class" for $18 USD covers shipping anywhere in the world.

Chris,

Have you ever worked with tungsten? Would it be possible for you to make a super heavy one out of W? I ask because I use tungsten bucking bars when when driving solid rivets on airplanes and that stuff is super heavy. I know the cost would be pretty high and tungsten is a royal pain in the rear to work. I just want to know if it would be possible.

Tungsten is SUPER expensive. Like a few thousand dollars for a big rod of the stuff from what I've seen.

VenomousST said:

I have white copolymer (same thing as Delrin) on my shelf and have quick turn-around time.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Hey guys, I just added the Titanium Wedding Ring product to my website. For anyone that needs a quality (but affordable) knock-around ring, here's an option

WC Lathe Werks | Wedding Band

gonna send the link to my better half... she'll be getting an engagement ring next week (shhhhhhhh) so she may be interested in these :) Im loving the blue inside brushed outside.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
I'm interested in a group buy, or at least a discount for forum members.
What kind of shift knob would you be interested in for the group buy?

Everyone, I have a custom order that was canceled. This knob is now for sale to anyone.
Retail price: $150 shipped
Forum member price: $135 shipped

It is 1.5" diameter on top and 1.35" diam on bottom, 4" tall, 4 Knurled grip bands, Bead blasted finish.
Send me a PM to purchase it

·
Registered
20 Posts
That. is. stunning. I love the bead blasting. I've been wanting a piston style as I've just installed JBR's short shift arm. Checking finances...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Received my custom knob from Chris, absolutely love it. Great piece of work. Didn't even have to adjust the set screw. Haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Hey guys, I'm coming out with a new item in a week. It's called the "Helios"
It's the Elite VP style but it has a Titanium base instead of the Stainless Steel base of the Elite VP.

Would anybody be interested in one? Pics below show the Elite VP with a stainless base. Image this in blued or bronze colored Titanium.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts