Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone need a new shift boot should try out redlinegoods.com. I had to replace mine and went with the stock look and couldn't be happier. I can get a better price then on there website if anyone is interested send me a pm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had three of their shift boots. One for my Z28, one for my Mustang, and now the ST. This last one, I'm going to have to send back. The stitching is starting to separate on the corners. This was an alcantara boot. What did you order and how is the fitment?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went with the plain black leather with matching thread over all the fitment was fine didn't have to cut anything to make it fit. But it's good to know that if I did have any issues they will fix it for free or give a refund

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
been heavily thinking about one lately, the cheap factory one squeaking every time I shift from 5th to 6th is driving me crazy. for that reason alone I want to go with somersetting soft like alcantara

·
Registered
565 Posts
I ordered a boot from them 17 days ago...still have no idea when it will arrive. Made a material change within 24 hours of purchase, but the service rep. didn't understand what I meant by charcoal alcantara for some reason and never made the change, causing production to be halted until I randomly emailed them to find out why nothing had been done yet. He wouldn't even help me after him making a mistake and he never attempted to contact me to get clarification.

I have heard great things from them, but their customer service rep may need to get his **** together, as they say it should take no more than 5 days to make the boot (boot shipped 11 days after ordering) and I have to wait the 10 - 15 days for it to arrive after that. Making this whole process take 21 to 26 days just for a piece of fabric...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's sucks.I heard that it's a Polish family owned business but I don't know if they are based in the USA other then hiring a company to take care of there customer service.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a link in my profile that will get you 5 percent off at redline goods. Im working on setting up a group buy just wait to see if im able to get a better deal then 5 %

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here is mine on my 2014 ST. Alcantara one.

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
I got a leather shift boot from Redline as well. Went with a 1" shorter boot to match my shifter. The lockout ring was very difficult to get back on since the leather is so much thicker (should have Dremel'd the lockout a bit to get it on) but it fits eventually and looks great now. Definitely need to have some idea what you're doing to get the install just right.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I did not realize that regular leather would not fit stock until after it got here.

I have been able to make everything look decent to somebody who does not know any better. But lets just say underneath some plastic is broken.

Please do not make my mistake future peoples.

I also bought the brake shift boot, which fit with complications but nothing major.

Also arm rest, + padding. The extra padding is comfortable but causes lumps under the leather. Removing the arm rest cover was a literal nightmare & I broke plastic pieces (again). Fortunately did not break all clips so once again nobody knows because the arm rest is sturdy, but I know.

Getting rid of all the cheap leather in my car is nice though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just got their armrest cover, shift boot, and e-brake boot. It does say when ordering to allow 2-3wks for mfg, and it is coming from Poland. That being said, I got mine in about 2 wks. Ebrake boot fit fine, but the shift boot (leather) was a pita and didn't come out perfect. Read the instructions. And the Xtra thick armrest cover came out fine also. Pretty good quality stuff. I'd buy from them again no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts