Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a replacement shift boot.

Ordered it on Feb 7th.

Received an email stating it shipped on the 11th.the email said it would be 7-10 business days but no tracking because it was shipped from Europe.

Arrived the 25th. 10 business days.

I ordered Black NAPPA leather with white thread. Added comments about dimensions because I have the FRPP short throw and FSWERKS adapter set @30%.

Product is awesome. I flared the boot over a cup overnight to help with install. I cut the factory boot off the base. The replacement boot is then super glued to the factory boot base. I use loctite gel super glue. While that was drying I worked the shifter collar off the factory boot. This was the hardest part about the whole install. I used a couple hobby files to wedge behind the latches. Took some wiggling but after a couple minutes it finally started to move. Once the glue was dry I installed the boot into the trim ring from the console. I then went back out to the car to make sure which direction the shift collar went. After getting the collar started I used a hammer to lightly tap the retainer back into the collar. With that done everything went back in place perfectly.

The leather matches my ST3 seats almost perfectly. I'm really happy with the end results.

I highly recommend the RedLine Goods products. Next is the console lid and visors.

Attachments

Reactions: Cowlynz and COBBST

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Looks great!!

Very glad you started this because I ordered a shift boot from @RedlineGoods on Feb. 1st. I haven't received it yet, but am anxiously checking my mailbox everyday!

I should be receiving it any day now. I'll probably be coming back to this thread, after I receive my shift boot, for your install tips.

Will also be checking out threads by @bobby9621 because I believe he has installed many items from Redline Goods.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Looks great!!

Very glad you started this because I ordered a shift boot from @RedlineGoods on Feb. 1st. I haven't received it yet, but am anxiously checking my mailbox everyday!

I should be receiving it any day now. I'll probably be coming back to this thread, after I receive my shift boot, for your install tips.

Will also be checking out threads by @bobby9621 because I believe he has installed many items from Redline Goods.

Thanks!!
Appreciate it! http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-builds/11958-bobby9621-st-build-mistress-sponsored-edgeautosport-84.html#post709203

I still want to tighten it up some more but I am waiting until I need to get back in there to make it worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took some work but the leather will fit up inside the shift collar. I did not have to zip tie the leather.

Reactions: bobby9621

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you guys for the positive feedback :)

I still want to tighten it up some more but I am waiting until I need to get back in there to make it worth it.
WOW! I thought you already have everything we make for the Focus. But I'll be happy to assist you with anything more you might want :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thank you guys for the positive feedback :)

WOW! I thought you already have everything we make for the Focus. But I'll be happy to assist you with anything more you might want :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
I do have everything, but the shift boot, but that is because I have an ST3.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Then why are you waiting with loaning us the boot for prototyping? ;)

BTW - love your avatar :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got a red and black boot from Redline in my X. They make great quality products, enjoy the new boot! It does look very good next to those seats :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts