Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing the stock boot with something unique. This one is a stretch, but does anybody know of any whiskey bags? Or beer cloth bags? Like Crown Royal has that bag that everybody uses as a boot, my buddy loves Tito's and he's going to be using the burlap bag from their 4th of July bottle. I can't think of anything. I love craft beer, scotch, and bourbon so I was looking to use something from a nice bottle if it even exists.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I'm interested in replacing the stock boot with something unique. This one is a stretch, but does anybody know of any whiskey bags? Or beer cloth bags? Like Crown Royal has that bag that everybody uses as a boot, my buddy loves Tito's and he's going to be using the burlap bag from their 4th of July bottle. I can't think of anything. I love craft beer, scotch, and bourbon so I was looking to use something from a nice bottle if it even exists.
I also love Titos...what the hell is this burlap bag...? Mad.

There is definitely some Bourbon bottles with bags that I've seen and I know there are also tequilas I think. I hate tequila so that wouldn't go near my car. I'm tempted to hand stitch some color into the boot myself since it's relatively simple

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also love Titos...what the hell is this burlap bag...? Mad.

There is definitely some Bourbon bottles with bags that I've seen and I know there are also tequilas I think. I hate tequila so that wouldn't go near my car. I'm tempted to hand stitch some color into the boot myself since it's relatively simple
Looks like Bulleit has a bag, however, the only time I've had it was over a year ago and I did not like it. It burned and was not smooth. My palate may have changed since then or I had a bad bottle, but I'll have to try it again. I don't like buying shirts, stickers, shift boots, etc without actually trying the product just because it looks cool.

Here's the Tito's bag:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61b-ET4xNyL._SY587_.jpg
http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/bulleit-2-2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Looks like Bulleit has a bag, however, the only time I've had it was over a year ago and I did not like it. It burned and was not smooth. My palate may have changed since then or I had a bad bottle, but I'll have to try it again. I don't like buying shirts, stickers, shift boots, etc without actually trying the product just because it looks cool.

Here's the Tito's bag:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61b-ET4xNyL._SY587_.jpg
http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/bulleit-2-2.jpg
Yeah I'm not enough of a man to like Bulleit. Waiting for Duece to chime in and tell us how big of bi_ches we are or something. I'm the same way though, I wouldn't put something on my car if I didn't like the product it represents. It's like the people around me who hate Ford but run Hoonigan stickers to fit in...I'm like...you realize almost every vehicle they run is a Ford and it's primarily a Ford sponsored thing they do lol. If that titos bag wasn't partially pink that would be awesome and I'd own it. Ugh. Now I wanna get some titos

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm not enough of a man to like Bulleit. Waiting for Duece to chime in and tell us how big of bi_ches we are or something. I'm the same way though, I wouldn't put something on my car if I didn't like the product it represents. It's like the people around me who hate Ford but run Hoonigan stickers to fit in...I'm like...you realize almost every vehicle they run is a Ford and it's primarily a Ford sponsored thing they do lol. If that titos bag wasn't partially pink that would be awesome and I'd own it. Ugh. Now I wanna get some titos
It might be just the picture, but the one I got for my roommate was red and blue with burlap being the "white" for 4th of July. They also have a standard burlap bag with the label on it. Maybe I'll get a bottle of Bulleit on the way home from work and try it out. I also am gonna snag the Dewars 12 gift set because the glass that comes with it is freaking awesome.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Would you like a tampon with your glass? lol

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I wish they made one for Double Oaked from Woodford... I'd rock that lol. I use a crown royal apple bag to cover my shift knob in the summer time.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Now that I think about it, a pad might insulate the glass better. And if that dogsh!t wasn't ice cold I couldn't choke it down so insulation is a good idea. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw there was a Crown Royal Special Reserve with a kinda sweet bag, but I don’t know if I can commit to a Crown Royal boot still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Blantons

One of my favorites comes in a bag (only if you buy the bottle that is still sealed in the box.) The bottle is actually round, so the shape might lend itself well to the shifter boot:

Around a $50 bottle but the bag can be bought separate:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.Xblanton+bag.TRS0&_nkw=blanton+bag&_sacat=0
The cork cap is actually really neat too, shows a horse in motion. There are different poses, spelling out their name:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of my favorites comes in a bag (only if you buy the bottle that is still sealed in the box.) The bottle is actually round, so the shape might lend itself well to the shifter boot:

Around a $50 bottle but the bag can be bought separate:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.Xblanton+bag.TRS0&_nkw=blanton+bag&_sacat=0
The cork cap is actually really neat too, shows a horse in motion. There are different poses, spelling out their name:
That's pretty sweet, I'll have to check it out and collect them all ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I tend to like wheated bourbons better than Rye's but i actually like the Bulleit Rye more than their normal blend. Never seen their bags before... Speaking of bags and Rye, Crown makes a Rye now and comes in the ugliest beige bag :haha: Taste pretty much like Crown but you get a bit more of the spicy Rye flavor coming through. wasnt a fan of it straight up but it mixes really well in your typical bourbon drinks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tend to like wheated bourbons better than Rye's but i actually like the Bulleit Rye more than their normal blend. Never seen their bags before... Speaking of bags and Rye, Crown makes a Rye now and comes in the ugliest beige bag :haha: Taste pretty much like Crown but you get a bit more of the spicy Rye flavor coming through. wasnt a fan of it straight up but it mixes really well in your typical bourbon drinks
I actually saw it in the store the other night, some special reserve something. I haven't had a rye in a really long time, but the rye flavor in general has been pretty harsh any time I've tried it. I'd like to expand my whiskey horizons so if you say the Bulleit Rye is good, then I'll definitely get a bottle of it.

As for the bags, I've never seen them in stores, only on the google searches I did the other day.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I actually saw it in the store the other night, some special reserve something. I haven't had a rye in a really long time, but the rye flavor in general has been pretty harsh any time I've tried it. I'd like to expand my whiskey horizons so if you say the Bulleit Rye is good, then I'll definitely get a bottle of it.

As for the bags, I've never seen them in stores, only on the google searches I did the other day.
Both of the above mentioned Rye's are listed here:
https://vinepair.com/buy-this-booze/11-best-rye-whiskey-bottles/

Guess I am not too far off then on them being alright ;) that being said, I still prefer the more wheat based bourbons

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I wasn't aware Crown had a Rye. I'll need to expand my pallet. Too much vodka in my life. Need to transition to some darks

·
Registered
651 Posts
I really hate to be "that guy", but doesn't anyone else think a liquor bag is a pretty bad idea as a shift boot? You're screaming "arrest me" if pulled over, or at minimum you gon' get dat breathalyzer. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts