Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our mechanic stuffed up and drained the oil and water and didn't replace it. It has now heated twice and the water pump just replaced. Just after opinions about what you would all do? Would anyone push for a new motor? TIA

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car was driven with no water and no oil? How far? Not hat it really matters.

I'd press for a new motor, even though nothing seems wrong now, it's likely something is damaged.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Where it's overheated twice and driven with no oil, I would absolutely push for a new motor (installed by a different mechanic, maybe even a different shop if you could get them to pay). That's pretty gross negligence. I understand we're all human and can get distracted or whatever happens, but the difference in character is whether one makes it right or tries to dodge the consequences (or worse, tries to blame someone else). Someone of great character would want to fix it because the financial hit would be less than the weight they put on their shoulders for screwing up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes, new motor. Your ancillaries can transfer over (a/c, alternator, etc).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, new motor. Your ancillaries can transfer over (a/c, alternator, etc).
Our mechanic stuffed up and drained the oil and water and didn't replace it. It has now heated twice and the water pump just replaced. Just after opinions about what you would all do? Would anyone push for a new motor? TIA
Sorry guys, it did have some water and oil but no where near the amount it should have.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry guys, it did have some water and oil but no where near the amount it should have.
So how much was missing and how long were the start-ups? It can do without water for about 5 minutes from a cold startup, but oil is a different matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts